“Not Worth It!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I booked this hotel online. I thought that Sheraton hotels were one of the Top of the line in the market. I was wrong. This hotel was $95 a night (Weekday Rate). The bathroom tiles on the wall were painted over. I guess they didnt like the old color. The paint was flaking off. There was no mini-fridge or Microwave in the room. The beds however were comfortable. I have stayed at plenty of Hotels at this price and the other hotels were by far better that this one. There is a Hampton Inn across the street that is cheaper and better. Don't waste your money!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2008

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Saginaw, MI from 07/31-08/03. We were in town for an Army Reunion for my husband. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast that is included was pretty basic and I believe the scrambled eggs were powdered not real (based on taste or lack thereof) the next day we drove to the Country Buffet a couple of miles down the road and had a great breakfast (the day after that the group when to Bill Evan's for breakfast but we did not partake so I cannot comment). The pool is interesting, half indoors and half outside. It would have been sufficient for us (a couple with no kids) to hang out at and even take a dip if it wasn't for the boys baseball team that was in town for a tournament and basically took over the pool and the noise level increased dramatically (you might want to inquire if there are any "groups" that might be there during your stay. The workout room was pretty basic treadmills and eliptical machines... I did not use them but my sister-in-law did and seemed satisfied. The hotel is right off the exit (look for Damons Restaurant sign as that is easier to spot than the Four Points sign) and on a major shopping strip so you should be able to find anything you need pretty quickly - we shopped at Meijjers (spelling?) grocery store and found most of everything we needed including beer, wine and liquor. Beds were pretty comfortable and rooms was clean - overall a decent place and perfect for what we wanted to do which was catch up with friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Great staff, wonderful lobby with a fireplace, and the rooms are okay too!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Hotel property is okay - a bit dated, but seemed to be well maintained. Room was clean and functional, front desk staff was friendly and professional.

Had an issue with the wireless internet access that was never resolved. This is a big problem for me since I travel for business and rely on internet access to catch up on emails, etc. in the evenings. Since the internet service is provided by a 3rd party, it was pretty much out of the hotel's hands, but never-the-less impacted my stay, and my satisfaction.

Will stay there again on future visits.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed in a suite for 3 nights in September 2007 as part of our mini-honeymoon. The room was incredible, we couldn't have asked for anything better! We stayed in a suite, and the bedroom was seperated by a huge wall-entertainment center unit with a TV on each side- one for the bedroom, one for the living area. The wetbar/breakfast area included a sink, coffee maker, fridge, and I think a microwave but I can't exactly remember. Free bottled water each day after housekeeping came through. The bathroom was a DREAM- marble walls, granite countertops, seperate room for the toilet, a huge dressing area, and a glass-walled walk-in marble shower. The shampoos/soaps were very nice smelling and they provided plenty of them. We had a great view of the pool and the surrounding area. The bed was absolute heaven- the fluffiest down comforter, softest sheets, and plenty of pillows to go around. The decor was very nice, soothing. Popcorn machine in the lobby. The free breakfast bar was the only thing that needed severe improvement. The waitstaff was so very friendly and accomodating. Maybe it's because we didn't get to breakfast early enough (hey, we were on our honeymoon!), but the food was not very good. I did take advantage of the yogurt and fresh pineapple chunks though, they were tasty. The restaurant connected to the hotel, called Damon's, served some of the BEST ribs my hubby and I have ever had. We ate there every night we were there, instead of looking for other area restaurants. I highly recommend the babyback ribs and shrimp. You will not be disappointed!! Great deals on happy hour drinks too- the beer and drinks are cold, and they keep coming! I swear we each gained 10 lbs during our stay. We will absolutely return to the Saginaw Four Points Sheraton in the future, and will make sure to book the suite again.

One last note- the hotel has the world's slowest elevators. You'd think for a 5 (?) story hotel, the elevator service would be quick, but on 2 occasions, I hiked up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I started worrying about getting stuck in the elevator and that's NOT a place I wanted to spend my time on my honeymoon!!

Overall, I highly recommend the Four Points Sheraton- Saginaw. I can't wait to go back! And especially go back to have some of those ribs from Damon's! (p.s.- go to the Damon's Restaurant Website to sign up for their mailing list and get a coupon for a free appetizer to take with you when visiting!)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennyLovesTN
Reviewed January 10, 2008

When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite - not sure why. It was awesome. The room was clean and fresh. Comfy beds. The pool area was enjoyable. There is an open "window" to get through to the outside area. Heated - very warm. Actually we thought the pool was warmer than the hottub! Small exercise room. Breakfast was ok. One thing I didn't like was that there was some kind of a church service going on in one of the meeting rooms and when we walked there was a person standing in the hallway giving pamphlets trying to get people to join in on the service. The hotel was in a good area - lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jtdl
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We arrived very late at night. The front desk man looked tired, but he was extremely polite & helpful. The elevator up is a bit rickety so we were unsure about the place. When we saw the room, I breathed a sigh of relief. The room was great, with clean, comfortable bedding. There was a mini vanity kit (incl. ear swabs, nail file, eyeshadow applicator), which is a nice touch. There's also a free bottle of water - very thoughtful of them.

Our stay included a buffet breakfast. FYI, you're supposed to seat yourself. We waited for 10min before a waitress told us to sit wherever. Not a great food selection here - oatmeal, cereal, yogourt, scrambled eggs, fried potato things. Drinks are brought by your waitress. Coffee is terrible. Food is ok. It was free, so we didn't expect gourmet food.

Food aside, the room was a great value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple