Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor outdoor pooluno chicago grillfront desk staffadjoining roomsthird partyworking ordermodern hotelup to datebirch runmini fridgeexercise roomcontinental breakfastparking lotstayed one nightan upgrademinute drivepleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It will soon be a remodeled Four Points hotel, but not yet. I stayed here 4-13 and the renovations had begun. This is an older property so the rooms were larger and the pool was nicer than most. When it is complete and the new Four Points furnishings are in place, it will be wonderful.

The room was clean, had a refrigerator and was very comfortable...even though it was a bit dated. I will stay here again after the renovation.

The staff was helpful and very friendly at check-in and check-out. It always helps to be greeted with a smile. Another guest was checking in at the same time and had forgotten his shaving kit. They cheerfully gave him whatever he needed at no charge.....and did it with a friendly and helpful attitude.

The restaurant attached to the building has closed and has a for-lease sign in front. A complimentary buffet is offered in the morning despite the fact that the restaurant is closed. It was basic breakfast buffet with good coffee, pre-packaged omlets and frozen french toast sticks. Nothing cooked to order or very fresh, but it was better than many others.

Nearby are several great restaurants and some good shopping within blocks if you have time.

The location is only 4 blocks off the highway and is easy to access. For my short stay, it was great.

Room Tip: I did not notice any noise issues in my room overlooking the parking lot. At this location, I would suspect all rooms are good, no matter the location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Glenstone
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Glenstone,

Thank you for you review of the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw. We appreciate your feedback regarding our friendly staff and our hotel as we have begun our renovation.

Our proximity to great retail shopping and many restaurants along with I-675, make the Four Points by Sheraton a great choice for lodging in the area.

We invite you to come back and visit the Four Points by Sheraton once our renovation is complete, if not before!

If there is anything additional you would like to share of if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is hard to do a review when the property is under renovations however what is not being changed is very outdated.The staff was very friendly and accommodating as we were a large group with multiple rooms.The elevators are very old much quicker to run up and down the stairs.There is a indoor pool and a outdoor pool and a hot tub right at the lobby level.Lots of free parking and the IHop is right in the parking lot and Denny's just across the road on the same side plus I think there is a continental breakfast available at the hotel.The rooms are average nothing fancy by any means.The air/heating is noisy and the windows do not open.I had a comfortable sleep so that is important.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank snaggy

Dear Snaggy,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton while you and your group were in Saginaw. We really enjoyed having you group with us during your stay.

As you were able to see, we are under a very extensive renovation here at the hotel, the property will have a completely different look by year's end.

You mentioned the heating/cooling units in the guest rooms being noisy, all of the units are being replaced and run much quieter and are also individually controlled by a thermostat. The windows are also being replaced which has helped with exterior noise as well.

We would love to have you come back and stay with us again. If I can be of assistance should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Check in was efficient, with friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was undergoing renovations while I was there, but they were not intrusive, and there were no noise issues.

My room was older, but clean. It did not have a flat screen TV, but an old tube type. I assume that my room had not yet been renovated.

The restaurant was closed (I saw a for lease sign, so I don't think it was related to the renovations), but the staff directed me to other restaurants nearby.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, with no real negative impressions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us while you were in Saginaw. During our extensive renovation, all guest rooms are being equipped with 42-inch LED flat panel televisions, along with many other changes.

As we continue to move through the renovation process, a new restaurant will be added to the property.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you need anything additional at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my first time to Saginaw, and I was here for training for a new job I just received. I did not find the construction to be a distraction. Having the restaurant would have been nice, but they did have breakfast available. The rooms were a little outdated, but nice! That's why they are renovating :) the pool looked amazing... I plan on using it in 2 weeks when I am back for another training conference. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Caitlin R,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw for your stay during your training and for the feedback regarding your time with us. We are pleased to hear that you were not inconvenienced by the construction that is going on at our property. As we move through this very extensive renovation, we have limited "noisy work" hours to between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday.

We are so pleased you will be back with us again and that will bring your bathing suit as our indoor/outdoor pool is a great way to end your day!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any additional feedback you would like to share at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel is under reno at this time from 9am-5 pm daily.Land is for lease,restaurant is closed.As an SPG member ,I used some points to stay here.The hotel was not full ,yet my family and I were put in a room right beside one of the rooms that were being renovated.When asked to move the only other option was to move 1 floor lower in a room right beside the reno.I guess this is how they treat their SPG members.Would not stay here again.Bad odours in hallways,elevators and washrooms.One of the most poorly outdated hotels.

Room Tip: Book farther down the road at other hotels,book at Birch run or Frankenmuth.Avoid this disappointment
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Brian M:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. As an SPG member, we value your patronage to our hotel, and to the brand.
I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. As you indicated we are currently undergoing a complete renovation, and while we try very hard to not let it impact any of our guests, sometimes despite our best efforts, our guests are affected.
I am certain that you will be pleased with the end result of our renovation, and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss this further. I look forward to speaking with you.
Best Regards,