“under renovations”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is hard to do a review when the property is under renovations however what is not being changed is very outdated.The staff was very friendly and accommodating as we were a large group with multiple rooms.The elevators are very old much quicker to run up and down the stairs.There is a indoor pool and a outdoor pool and a hot tub right at the lobby level.Lots of free parking and the IHop is right in the parking lot and Denny's just across the road on the same side plus I think there is a continental breakfast available at the hotel.The rooms are average nothing fancy by any means.The air/heating is noisy and the windows do not open.I had a comfortable sleep so that is important.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank snaggy
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Snaggy,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton while you and your group were in Saginaw. We really enjoyed having you group with us during your stay.

As you were able to see, we are under a very extensive renovation here at the hotel, the property will have a completely different look by year's end.

You mentioned the heating/cooling units in the guest rooms being noisy, all of the units are being replaced and run much quieter and are also individually controlled by a thermostat. The windows are also being replaced which has helped with exterior noise as well.

We would love to have you come back and stay with us again. If I can be of assistance should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Check in was efficient, with friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was undergoing renovations while I was there, but they were not intrusive, and there were no noise issues.

My room was older, but clean. It did not have a flat screen TV, but an old tube type. I assume that my room had not yet been renovated.

The restaurant was closed (I saw a for lease sign, so I don't think it was related to the renovations), but the staff directed me to other restaurants nearby.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, with no real negative impressions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us while you were in Saginaw. During our extensive renovation, all guest rooms are being equipped with 42-inch LED flat panel televisions, along with many other changes.

As we continue to move through the renovation process, a new restaurant will be added to the property.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you need anything additional at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my first time to Saginaw, and I was here for training for a new job I just received. I did not find the construction to be a distraction. Having the restaurant would have been nice, but they did have breakfast available. The rooms were a little outdated, but nice! That's why they are renovating :) the pool looked amazing... I plan on using it in 2 weeks when I am back for another training conference. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Caitlin R,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw for your stay during your training and for the feedback regarding your time with us. We are pleased to hear that you were not inconvenienced by the construction that is going on at our property. As we move through this very extensive renovation, we have limited "noisy work" hours to between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday.

We are so pleased you will be back with us again and that will bring your bathing suit as our indoor/outdoor pool is a great way to end your day!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any additional feedback you would like to share at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel is under reno at this time from 9am-5 pm daily.Land is for lease,restaurant is closed.As an SPG member ,I used some points to stay here.The hotel was not full ,yet my family and I were put in a room right beside one of the rooms that were being renovated.When asked to move the only other option was to move 1 floor lower in a room right beside the reno.I guess this is how they treat their SPG members.Would not stay here again.Bad odours in hallways,elevators and washrooms.One of the most poorly outdated hotels.

Room Tip: Book farther down the road at other hotels,book at Birch run or Frankenmuth.Avoid this disappointmen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Brian M:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. As an SPG member, we value your patronage to our hotel, and to the brand.
I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. As you indicated we are currently undergoing a complete renovation, and while we try very hard to not let it impact any of our guests, sometimes despite our best efforts, our guests are affected.
I am certain that you will be pleased with the end result of our renovation, and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss this further. I look forward to speaking with you.
Best Regards,
Rick Rautanen, General Manager
989-790-5050

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip, I had planned on a meeting in the restaurant but the restaurant had gone out of business. Upon hearing this the desk staff opened the restuarant and set up a table for me to have my meeting, what put me over the top was that when I awoke the next day to find several inches of snow on the ground someone had cleared off my car and all others in the parking lot!! What a nice touch!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Skiwino:

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw during your overnight business trip and for your feedback on our customer service.

We are so pleased that your stay was a pleasant one. As the renovation process has begun at the hotel, the property will only continue to improve but we will continue to recognize how important good customer service is for the overall guest experience.

We would love to have you back with us in Saginaw. If you need anything additional, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

At first glance this hotel is very upscale and nice. From the lobby, you would get the same impression. Then, you park around the side and walk in. Dirty looking worn carpets lead you down an almost run down looking hallway. There are rooms that have no room number, just duct tape on the door where the number used to be. ??? Then when we entered the room, a standard King room on the first floor, it was very disappointing. There were burn holes in the comforter, the chair and ottoman were discolored and old, not something inviting to sit on. There is an old, outdated, small tv. The bathroom was clean and seemed updated. The doors are thin and have a lot of space at the bottom so you can hear every person who is walking through the hallway. Then in the early morning hours, someone set an alarm off outside our door. It continued to go off with them loudly talking over it for quite some time. This hotel is not a "bad" hotel, and I understand they are starting a renovation. However, they are not what we have come to expect for a hotel classifying itself as a 3 star. In it's current state, this hotel is a 2.5 star at best, but probably closer to a 2. There are many nice hotels in the area. Pass on this one until after the renovation.

• Stayed: February 2013
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear 78lovetotravel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. During February we had begun the first steps toward our renovation, which including demolition of some of our guest rooms. To help our contractors keep track of which rooms were at which stage of the process, we placed a stripe of blue painters tape on each door. We realize that our rooms are a bit dated, and we are very excited that our renovation has officially begun this week! Everything that you saw in our guest rooms will be replaced. We have been posting renderings of the guest room plans on our Facebook page, and I encourage you to take a look, and to let us know what you think!

We appreciate your patronage, and I hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence as we work to provide a beautiful new product for all to enjoy! If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Rick Rautanen, General Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 10 years or so. Each experience was good. The kids enjoyed the swim out (goes outside) pool. I see another reviewer mentioned Nathan Gartland. He was very helpful to us as well. Went out of his way to make sure our needs were accomodated. We booked through the Saginaw Spirit website that offered tickets to the game and a king-suite room. The combined rate was reasonable. Having the split rooms was great with the kids. We found the hotel to be updated and clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nemichigan
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear nemichigan:

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton while in town attending the Saginaw Spirit game. The Saginaw Spirit packages are a really great way to take in a game and have a night away!

We are pleased to hear that our Front Desk Supervisor, Nathan Gartland took such great care of you and made sure all of your needs were accommodated while you were with us.

We hope you stay with us again shoud you come back to Saginaw!

If there is anything additional we can assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.