“Excellent Service and Friendly Staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip, I had planned on a meeting in the restaurant but the restaurant had gone out of business. Upon hearing this the desk staff opened the restuarant and set up a table for me to have my meeting, what put me over the top was that when I awoke the next day to find several inches of snow on the ground someone had cleared off my car and all others in the parking lot!! What a nice touch!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Skiwino:

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw during your overnight business trip and for your feedback on our customer service.

We are so pleased that your stay was a pleasant one. As the renovation process has begun at the hotel, the property will only continue to improve but we will continue to recognize how important good customer service is for the overall guest experience.

We would love to have you back with us in Saginaw. If you need anything additional, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

At first glance this hotel is very upscale and nice. From the lobby, you would get the same impression. Then, you park around the side and walk in. Dirty looking worn carpets lead you down an almost run down looking hallway. There are rooms that have no room number, just duct tape on the door where the number used to be. ??? Then when we entered the room, a standard King room on the first floor, it was very disappointing. There were burn holes in the comforter, the chair and ottoman were discolored and old, not something inviting to sit on. There is an old, outdated, small tv. The bathroom was clean and seemed updated. The doors are thin and have a lot of space at the bottom so you can hear every person who is walking through the hallway. Then in the early morning hours, someone set an alarm off outside our door. It continued to go off with them loudly talking over it for quite some time. This hotel is not a "bad" hotel, and I understand they are starting a renovation. However, they are not what we have come to expect for a hotel classifying itself as a 3 star. In it's current state, this hotel is a 2.5 star at best, but probably closer to a 2. There are many nice hotels in the area. Pass on this one until after the renovation.

• Stayed: February 2013
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear 78lovetotravel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. During February we had begun the first steps toward our renovation, which including demolition of some of our guest rooms. To help our contractors keep track of which rooms were at which stage of the process, we placed a stripe of blue painters tape on each door. We realize that our rooms are a bit dated, and we are very excited that our renovation has officially begun this week! Everything that you saw in our guest rooms will be replaced. We have been posting renderings of the guest room plans on our Facebook page, and I encourage you to take a look, and to let us know what you think!

We appreciate your patronage, and I hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence as we work to provide a beautiful new product for all to enjoy! If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Rick Rautanen, General Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 10 years or so. Each experience was good. The kids enjoyed the swim out (goes outside) pool. I see another reviewer mentioned Nathan Gartland. He was very helpful to us as well. Went out of his way to make sure our needs were accomodated. We booked through the Saginaw Spirit website that offered tickets to the game and a king-suite room. The combined rate was reasonable. Having the split rooms was great with the kids. We found the hotel to be updated and clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nemichigan
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear nemichigan:

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton while in town attending the Saginaw Spirit game. The Saginaw Spirit packages are a really great way to take in a game and have a night away!

We are pleased to hear that our Front Desk Supervisor, Nathan Gartland took such great care of you and made sure all of your needs were accommodated while you were with us.

We hope you stay with us again shoud you come back to Saginaw!

If there is anything additional we can assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Best service I have ever received! Dow has a projrct in saginaw and it is the first time for many dow employees to visit US, Saginaw. We are so happy and feel lucky to get to know Nathan Gartland who made everything so easy for us and be so kind and helpful. On behalf of Dow, I recognize Nathan for his excellent customer service! Thanks a million!!!! SEONGAH YOON

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Ahyoon:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so pleased that you feel as though staying at the Four Points by Sheraton is the best service you have ever received! Our staff has really enjoyed having the Dow project with us and glad that you have all had such a pleasant stay.

Our front desk supervisor, Nathan Gartland does an exceptional job taking care of all of our guests and making them feel welcomed. Thank you for recognizing him for working so hard ensuring you have an enjoyable stay.

If you travel to visit Dow again, we would love to have you back with us. If you need anything additional, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my favorite hotel to stay at in saginaw
I love the suites. They feel like a nice comfy condo
The best thing about this hotel is the staff
They are very nice and accommodating. They make you feel like you are welcomed home!
I put on events and use the conference space here.
People love the space
The sales staff, front desk and banquet folks are all top notch
I travel alot and these are some of the nicest folks to work with anywhere in the country

Room Tip: Ask for the suites
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mary L:

We are so happy to hear the Four Points by Sheraton is your favorite hotel in Saginaw! Rest assured, you are one of our favorite guests too!

Your next event will take place in an entirely renovated hotel, as the guest rooms will be completely renovated so will our nearly 4,000 square feet of meeting space making us the premier meeting location in Saginaw, whether for a corporate meeting, convention or wedding reception!

If there is anything additional we can help you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Found the hotel listing on-line. One of the only hotels offering a shuttle to the airport. It was a last minute notice that we would be staying in Saginaw, and Brittany was a great help with the reservations. Check-in was quick, and Jessica and Brittany made us feel welcome after a long day. Jessica went out of her way to make sure our hotel reward cards were current. The room was nice and the bed was so comfortable I didn't move all night. Wish I had one that comfortable at home. Checkout the next morning was a breeze and Jessica made sure I had an electronic receipt for expenses. Our company will use this hotel in the future if we stay in Saginaw

Room Tip: 6th floor room was excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad P

Dear Brad P:

Thank you for sharing your positive experience during your stay with us in Saginaw. We are glad your were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle to/from MBS Airport.

Our front desk strives to make everyone of our guests feel as welcomed and appreciated as you did, we are many travelers "home away from home".

On your next stay in Saginaw, we are sure your stay will be even better as you will be able to experience our fresh, new look!

If there is anything additional you may need, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife, 4 year old, and myself stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend.

Check in was effortless, The front desk staff working on Friday night were great - very refreshing to us, after driving 5hrs to get there. We were told straight away there was a rather large group of high-school kids staying there, and that we had been moved to a handicap accessible room to accommodate this. This was actually a good thing, as our 4 year old could reach all the light switches!!

The room was exactly what was described - very comfortable queen bed, with a pull-out sofa. Again, for our situation, this was ideal. Yes, the TV is a Tube TV. Even with a 4 year old, it may have been on for a total of 20 minutes for 2 days. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. My wife is a very light sleeper and did not get woken up by anyone in the hallways.

The pool was great - we used it for an hour each night. The pool area was pretty well maintained - always clean.

The breakfast was pretty good for free - Between the 3 of us, we ate pretty much everything on the menu and really had no complaints.The coffee was strong, which is how I like it. OJ and apple juice on tap were a hit with us as well. The staff worked diligently to replenish the area constantly.

Overall - The hotel deserves (and is receiving ) a makeover.The cleaning staff certainly takes pride in their jobs - there were no areas we felt were unclean. The people who work there were very helpful, courteous, and respectful.

We'll return in the summer!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, it was very quiet up there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ern23

Dear ern23:

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw.

Our front desk works hard to make sure everyone feels as you did at check-in!

It sounds as if our staff shared their excitement with you about our upcoming renovation. We are extremely pleased with how the guest rooms will look in the next several months! Everything that the guests touches will be completely replaced in every guest room, including beds, bedding, carpeting, furniture, wall coverings, bathrooms, etc.

We hope to see you this summer and if there is anything additional I can help you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointsaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.