“Not as good as before...”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Not as good as before...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here previously a few times. This time was not as enjoyable. The beds were noticeably worn (sagging in middle) and made it hard for me to sleep through the night. The bathtub had black all around the drain... The elevators were a little scary. Television was old and reception was fuzzy.

Sorry to be so negative.

Front desk was good - staff friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Melody S.:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Saginaw. Please accept our apologies as you felt the hotel was not as positive as your last stay with us.

However, we are getting ready to begin a major renovation of the hotel, including everything in the guest rooms that will dramatically affect your next stay. All bedding, linens, televisions, carpeting, wall coverings and tubs/showers will be completely brand new. We are very excited to share all of the changes coming.

If you would like to hear about our new look or see images, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
NW Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked the hotel through a major booking website getting me an OK discount. When I entered the lobby, no one was at the main desk. After a few minutes the phone rang and was answered in an adjacent room. I waited another moment or two, dropped my keys on the counter and thought that would be enough to capture the clerk's attention. I then said loudly "hello" and then a head appeared from around the corner indicating he'd be with me in a moment. I was a little put off that there wasn't anyone to greet guests at a hotel that cost $100 for the night. However, the clerk later made up for his poor first impression when he gave us a few extra bottles of water when I noted that our room only had one bottle for two people.
I'd booked a king room and it was adequately furnished. It had a comfortable chair with a small ottoman to put up my feet. The WIFI worked (a little slow) and the bed was comfortable. The AC/heat worked. The shower pressure was the best I'd ever experienced at a hotel. We did not hear any neighbors while in our room but I could hear the highway during the night when the fans wasn't running. This was not a heavy noise though. The black out curtains were nice.
We enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. The air was a little cool in the pool area. There's a heavy plastic curtain to keep the outside air out that you ducked under while in the pool to swim outside. The outside portion of the pool is larger. There was plenty of seating around the pool both inside/outside. There's also a decent workout room and a dry sauna controled by a timer.
The included breakfast includes frozen pastries, bagels, toast, scrambled eggs, pancakes, make it yourself waffles and juice/coffee. It was served in the restaurant area of the hotel which had been previously been used by Damon's so there was lots of seating. The hotel is advertising for a new restaurant tenant.
While using the business center in the lobby I watched a football team being checked in. They must have been given their keys while in the bus and a separate breakfast area was set up for them so it didn't interfere with other guests. I also noticed pilots checking in. The lobby has a nice seating area by a gas fireplace.
The hotel has good access to 675 and lots of area business and restaurants. The parking lot is well lit. The hotel will undergo major renovations in January.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank slpgradstu
Dear slpgradstu:

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton during your stay in Saginaw. I apologize for the lack of a front desk agent not being at the desk at your arrival, that is not a standard practice for our desk, we recognize the importance of having a friendly face welcoming you as you walk in the door.

We will be undergoing our major renovation this year beginning very soon! We would like to invite you back for another girl's weekend. The shopping is just getting better and better here with a new DSW Shoe Warehouse opening and Cabela's Outpost store opening this month! And of course with the Premium Outlets at Birch Run being only 15 minutes from the property along with the other retailers and Fashion Square Mall being only 2 blocks from the hotel.

If there is anything additional I can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at 4Points, Saginaw on Sat., Oct 27/12. We had been intending to stay at a nearby Hampton Inn. The gracious and beyond the call of duty service provided to us by Brittany at the front counter caused us to reflect upon where we would stay, and we opted to remain at the 4Points, Saginaw. Her service was exceptional and her smile infectious! She is a definite asset to your hotel.
The complete package that stay was also beyond our expectations. The hotel was clean, the service excellent, the pool beyond what one would normally expect and the location so very convenient to both stores and restaurants. We even lucked out with a free hot breakfast.
We will definitely return in the near future to explore the area and to shop.
We thank you, Brittany! awesome! J & J

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jay E
Dear Jay E:

Thank you for your great feedback regarding our hotel and especially our hotel staff. Brittany is a tremendous asset to our front desk, we all work very hard to ensure that all of our guests leave feeling as positive as you did about your stay.

As we move into our renovation which is coming up very quickly, we would love to invite you back to see the tremendous changes at our property.

Should there be anything additional we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

blairsville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped in Saginaw using points from the travel plan. The room was very nice and clean. Check in was simple and the hot/cold breakfast was extraordinary. Best "free" breakfast I've ever had at a chain hotel. We just stayed one night, but the experience was fantastic.

The hotel restaurant is where the free breakfast is served, and it is unoccupied and available for lease--which made seating options great. This is most likely change once an outside party takes over the restaurant..

The beds are big and comfy and the free wifi is a major plus.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank A1teacher
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear A1teacher,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and especially our free breakfast served each morning.

Our property will be going through a major renovation beginning in first quarter of 2013 and you are correct, during the renovation we will be getting a new restaurant at that time.

Should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, we would love to have you stay with us again! IF there is anything I can do to assist you with please feel free to contact me at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Woodstock ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I arrived late about 9.30pm on September 11,2012 and had a nice young man check me in and
told me about new renovations coming for 2013. Checked into my room which was very nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable after driving for 14 hours.Next morning I had breakfast and chatted with Ms. Callie Cain and she told me about future plans for this hotel and staff seemed to be excited.. Very friendly staff and i look forward to staying at this property again. Breakfast was good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Judy F
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear JudyF:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I very much enjoyed chatting with you while you were with us and sharing our renovation plans for this property. As we talked about, our renovation will begin in January and will be very extensive, including all guest rooms, meeting rooms, adding a new restaurant and other public space.

We really appreciate your choosing the Four Points by Sheraton during your time in Saginaw and we would love to have you back again!

Should you need anything additional or want to tour our property after the renovation, please feel free to reach out to me at (989) 790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed one night and will never go back until they renovate,air conditioner too loud to have on , rugs dirty,beds have big sink holes very uncomfortable,tvs are old and not working that great,staff very friendly,nice,overall message to hotel owners and managers your hurting yourself by staying open now every customer that stays now will never forget and will never be back and will be out there talking bad about your place close now renovate get rid of the dirty hall rugs etc update ASAP, I believe you owe me my dollars back as even one dollar paid was too much for a stay at this hotel,We could not get a good nights sleep and that is important when your traveling .Very Disappointed. Only thing good is the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay some where that's clean ,some where you can get a good nights sleep, not worth the money
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Paul S.:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make things right! Please contact me directly so that I can address your concerns. While we understand that our hotel is in need of a renovation (which is scheduled to begin January of 2013), we strive to maintain cleanliness and high levels of guest service between now and then. Please contact me directly by calling at 989-790-5050, or email me at rick.rautanen@fourpointssaginaw.com and I will reach out to you. I look forward to hearing from you to address your concerns.

Rick Rautanen, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had stay two nights at this hotel for a labor day long weekend holiday and it was a fantastic, the front desk staff is very pleasant, friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean but the TV is very old. The location of this hotel is very strategis close to the freeway and surrounded by shopping and various restaurants. This hotel have free wifi, nice pool (indoor and outdoor)
However this is the place for me if i come visit Saginaw and Birch Run Premium outlet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AlbertSiauw
Dear Alebertusguntur:

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel, we certainly appreciate it! As addressed many times here in our reviews, we are slated for a complete renovation (including our old tv's) starting in January. While we had hoped for it to begin earlier, we wanted to make sure that we "get it right", so there have been delays. While we cannot currently make up for the condition of the "older" aspects of our hotel, we have strived to provide a clean and comfortable experience with excellence in guest service. I hope you will continue to allow us to serve your lodging needs during your travels to the Saginaw area! If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at 989-790-5050.

Best Regards,