“Excellent Service,Amenities and Location”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at 4Points, Saginaw on Sat., Oct 27/12. We had been intending to stay at a nearby Hampton Inn. The gracious and beyond the call of duty service provided to us by Brittany at the front counter caused us to reflect upon where we would stay, and we opted to remain at the 4Points, Saginaw. Her service was exceptional and her smile infectious! She is a definite asset to your hotel.
The complete package that stay was also beyond our expectations. The hotel was clean, the service excellent, the pool beyond what one would normally expect and the location so very convenient to both stores and restaurants. We even lucked out with a free hot breakfast.
We will definitely return in the near future to explore the area and to shop.
We thank you, Brittany! awesome! J & J

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jay E
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Jay E:

Thank you for your great feedback regarding our hotel and especially our hotel staff. Brittany is a tremendous asset to our front desk, we all work very hard to ensure that all of our guests leave feeling as positive as you did about your stay.

As we move into our renovation which is coming up very quickly, we would love to invite you back to see the tremendous changes at our property.

Should there be anything additional we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com or 989-790-5050.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped in Saginaw using points from the travel plan. The room was very nice and clean. Check in was simple and the hot/cold breakfast was extraordinary. Best "free" breakfast I've ever had at a chain hotel. We just stayed one night, but the experience was fantastic.

The hotel restaurant is where the free breakfast is served, and it is unoccupied and available for lease--which made seating options great. This is most likely change once an outside party takes over the restaurant..

The beds are big and comfy and the free wifi is a major plus.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank A1teacher
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear A1teacher,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and especially our free breakfast served each morning.

Our property will be going through a major renovation beginning in first quarter of 2013 and you are correct, during the renovation we will be getting a new restaurant at that time.

Should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, we would love to have you stay with us again! IF there is anything I can do to assist you with please feel free to contact me at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I arrived late about 9.30pm on September 11,2012 and had a nice young man check me in and
told me about new renovations coming for 2013. Checked into my room which was very nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable after driving for 14 hours.Next morning I had breakfast and chatted with Ms. Callie Cain and she told me about future plans for this hotel and staff seemed to be excited.. Very friendly staff and i look forward to staying at this property again. Breakfast was good!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Judy F
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear JudyF:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I very much enjoyed chatting with you while you were with us and sharing our renovation plans for this property. As we talked about, our renovation will begin in January and will be very extensive, including all guest rooms, meeting rooms, adding a new restaurant and other public space.

We really appreciate your choosing the Four Points by Sheraton during your time in Saginaw and we would love to have you back again!

Should you need anything additional or want to tour our property after the renovation, please feel free to reach out to me at (989) 790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed one night and will never go back until they renovate,air conditioner too loud to have on , rugs dirty,beds have big sink holes very uncomfortable,tvs are old and not working that great,staff very friendly,nice,overall message to hotel owners and managers your hurting yourself by staying open now every customer that stays now will never forget and will never be back and will be out there talking bad about your place close now renovate get rid of the dirty hall rugs etc update ASAP, I believe you owe me my dollars back as even one dollar paid was too much for a stay at this hotel,We could not get a good nights sleep and that is important when your traveling .Very Disappointed. Only thing good is the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay some where that's clean ,some where you can get a good nights sleep, not worth the money
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Paul S.:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make things right! Please contact me directly so that I can address your concerns. While we understand that our hotel is in need of a renovation (which is scheduled to begin January of 2013), we strive to maintain cleanliness and high levels of guest service between now and then. Please contact me directly by calling at 989-790-5050, or email me at rick.rautanen@fourpointssaginaw.com and I will reach out to you. I look forward to hearing from you to address your concerns.

Rick Rautanen, General Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had stay two nights at this hotel for a labor day long weekend holiday and it was a fantastic, the front desk staff is very pleasant, friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean but the TV is very old. The location of this hotel is very strategis close to the freeway and surrounded by shopping and various restaurants. This hotel have free wifi, nice pool (indoor and outdoor)
However this is the place for me if i come visit Saginaw and Birch Run Premium outlet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AlbertSiauw

Dear Alebertusguntur:

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel, we certainly appreciate it! As addressed many times here in our reviews, we are slated for a complete renovation (including our old tv's) starting in January. While we had hoped for it to begin earlier, we wanted to make sure that we "get it right", so there have been delays. While we cannot currently make up for the condition of the "older" aspects of our hotel, we have strived to provide a clean and comfortable experience with excellence in guest service. I hope you will continue to allow us to serve your lodging needs during your travels to the Saginaw area! If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at 989-790-5050.

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend soccer tournament with my kids. The front desk staff was great, they even allowed the kids to help themselves to a slice of apple pie at check in which was a big hit. The hotel is older and we heard a renovation is coming soon which should be nice. However, nothing was dirty or in disrepair and with the larger size rooms typical of older hotels of this type, it should be a real gem after renovation. Finally, location and highway access were great for us to shuttle back and forth from games. A very pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank pointer86

Dear jjdub86:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so pleased that you and your children enjoyed your stay. While we are indeed scheduled for a renovation starting in January, we strive to maintain high levels of cleanliness and guest service between now and then! I hope that you will return upon your next visit to the Saginaw area so that you may see our improvements! If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to conatct me directly at 989-790-5050.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff is friendly, location is handy if you need to get to the Dow Center. Sheets and towels are clean. Beds comfy. We stayed at a Four Points in Savannah GA, this one is the poor cousin to it. As hotels in the Saginaw area go, this one is par for the area. Not every room has a fridge even though we requested it when I reserved in January and the day before we arrived as an SPG member. The hallways were at least 80 degrees, the carpeting and wallpaper need a serious redo and our fiberglass tub had a huge hole in it. Wasn't sure if I was going to die in the creaky elevator but as I am typing this review, clearly, I survived. Hot tub water was brown and is believed to be the source of a trip to the Dr when we got home. Pool was nice and clean. Breakfast is a hot affair with many choices with decent coffee. Starbuck's is nearby if you need a fix.

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member they put you on a top floor, nice for noise control. Felt like we had the p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear iwearblack:

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and although we are in need of a renovation (which is scheduled to begin in January), we strive to provide a clean and comfortable enivironment, as well as excellence in guest service! I would like to discuss your stay further with you, and hope that I can resolve your concerns, thereby maintaing your faith in our hotel. Please contact me directy at either 989-790-5050, or email at rick.rautanen@fourpointssaginaw.com. I look forward to addressing your concerns, and hpe that you will allow us to serve your lodging needs in the future.