“Great Value”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Midwest Travelers
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 10, 2009

This was a great place to stay, especially after a really disappointing stay at an EconoLodge the night before. We're not really familiar with Saginaw, but it appears that this hotel is a little out of the way, not near expressways, etc., but restaurants, etc., are not that far away. The neighborhood appeared to be completely OK. The rooms are different in that there is an enclosed hallway in front of the rooms, so that the room itself does not have an outside window, only a frosted window out to the hallway. This is fine, as there isn't a lot to look at anyway, and we don't usually spend a lot of time looking out onto motel parking lots.

The room was large and well decorated, and the bed was comfortable. Internet access was good. The breakfast was outstanding for a continental breakfast plus.

This comes across as a business-class hotel, with rates that are friendly to those who actually have to book and pay for their own rooms. If we are ever in the area, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 24, 2008

I should say it is among the best places I have stayed. My room was recently renovated and was really clean. The carpet, bathroom, bed, towel, sheets , everything was really clean. The room had nice wooden decorations. The hotel itself is really beautiful and well kept. We received a coupon for the close by restaurant which was a joyful experience too. The price we paid for this place was really cheap too.
BUT, there is one big problem. The rooms don't have any window. I found it very odd and disappointing ! Not having a window for one night can be okay but for more nights, you might feel as if you are in a jail !
Totally it is a decent place.

• Disliked — rooms without windows
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed December 6, 2008

The Hotel was very clean!
Our room Was Huge!! We had 2 king beds and it felt like it was 100 feet long. I've never stayed in a bigger room. The staff were friendly. We had no problems. The breakfast was good. Eggs were gross but a good selection of cereal yogurt and muffins.
I'll make sure I stay here next time I'm in Saginaw!

• Liked — Huge Room, Clean
  • Disliked — Eggs at Breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2008

the front desk staff greeted us by name, offered to help with our bags and gave us specific instruction regarding internet access. The housekeeping staff was outstanding, no request was too small and the response was immediate. the housekeeping staff knew our schedule and was most cooperative in cleaning and changing the room. check-in and check out were seamless.
the room had a stove, fridge, two queen beds, 2 tv's and was a bath and a half! the long term rate was fantastic.
we felt very comfortable and we do appreciate being called by name.
and let's not forget the continental breakfast. great way to start the day. the lounge serves a very generous drink and the music and outdoor patio were a treat. the restaurant (with a discount for long stay guests) is outstanding.
all in all, this Ramada made our stay enjoyable.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nocomment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
Reviewed May 23, 2008

My sister booked this room in preparation for a family funeral gathering. I travel 3-4 times per week for business across the country. My experience is that Ramada Inns are usually not clean. I avoid them and advise my people to do the same - regardless of price.

This property was very different. The room was spotless. The front desk staff could not have been more accommodating, both the man who checked me in and Gwen who checked me out. The Housekeeping staffer who saw me leave in the morning asked if I was checking out. When I said I'd be back after the funeral to change, she said, "I'll freshen the room so it's ready for you. We want you to be comfortable". WOW!!

Whoever manages this property ought to have oversight of all the properties. His people understand Guest Service and Clean Rooms.

I will change my guidance for Gateway Management Group people to check the Ramada Inn first. Thank you, Saginaw, for a great stay.

Robert T. Quinn
CEO
Gateway Management Group Inc.
rtquinn@gatewaymg.net; [--------]

• Liked — Spotless room
  • Disliked — nothing, everything far exceeded my expectationss.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Traverse City and Saginaw Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Saginaw's Davenport Inn is a comfortable, clean, and quiet spot to spend a night or a few days......located near to everything, it's beds are comfortable, rooms are extremely clean and well-appointed, and the staff is friendly but respectful. Shuttle service to and from the airport is available and a light breakfast is provided .........site management promptly responds to any client questions or concerns and a small business center is near the front desk for client use...........prices are very competitive.......

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — hard to find
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
West Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Our stay was very nice. The rooms are clean and the beds are soft. We had a two king suite with two couples and two children the staff made sure we had enough of everything (towels, shampoo ect.) for our stay.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends