“Much better than expected”

Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Michigan
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here for a teacher conference, so the hotel was chosen for me. It turned out to be much nicer than I anticipated. My room was huge, with a comfortable king-size bed and a huge jacuzzi. I could sit in the hot tub in my room and watch tv!

When I arrived, I discovered that the tv remote needed batteries. After I called the front desk, a friendly repairman was there within 5 minutes.

The nightly rate included dinner, which was very good both nights.

The only downside is that it is in what appears to be an old, motel converted into a hotel, which also makes the layout rather annoying. Other than that, no complaints, and I'm pretty picky. :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Teacher,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw, on Tripadvisor. Good for you that you got to experience one of our whirlpool suites, they are large, comfortable and watching TV while relaxing after a long conference is a well deserved reward. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary dinner and I am also pleased that we were quick to respond to your request for batteries. We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Saginaw!
Yours in Hospitality,
Lynn Ankoviak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I highly recommend the hotel for medical students on rotation in the Saginaw area. The staff are professional and friendly. The atomosphere is very comfortable and quiet. There are sitting rooms to enjoy some peace and quiet while reading or studying. The suites are equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave perfect for light snacks. Dinner is included in the nightly rate (Mon-Thurs). Very happy with my selection to stay here and would definitely stay here again if my clerkships bring me back to the area. Only difficulty was finding local dining near the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mdsupacuchak
Dear Future Doctor,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw on Tripadvisor. Many travelers gain knowledge and trust by reading these reviews. It is nice to know that you found the hotel atmosphere comfortable and quiet as well as appreciated the ammenties in your room like the mini refrigerator and microwave. It will be our sincere pleasure to have you back as our guest for a clerkship and we wish you much success with your studies.
Best wishes to you in your medical career!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Up there with lots of family for a big event. Saginaw is a city on the mend and its rustbelt history is evidenced by empty property in what were once prime locations. I'd been told the place was just fine, but I wasn't sure when I picked this motel what it was that I was inviting all my family to experience.

Pleasant surprise would understate my reaction. This is a great place with a terrific staff. They are attentive and accommodating. Just one example: there is a free evening meal (not buffet...actually table service...one entree...better than decent), but we walked down to the dining room, over twenty of us, 10 minutes before it was over. I apologized for the timing and asked if there was anything they might be able to do. The young waitress was gracious and unflustered, saying simply "Sit down. We'll be happy to feed you." If that was any stretch she gave no sign of it.

Rooms were clean and well-appointed. The fam. had almost 2 dozen rooms and everyone remarked on how nice the accommodations were. Best part? This is the least expensive of all the "brand name" properties in the area. Go figure.

Room Tip: The suites are a tremendous value--only a modest upcharge from a basic room with 2 beds. They compa...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Chicago visitor,
Thank you for taking the time to recount your experience with our hotel, Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. I enjoyed reading the details of your pleasant experience during your stay. Our staff does a great job of making everyone's experience special and it was nice of you to note that in your review. You are right, our suites are very large and well appointed and our rates are affordable for even the most cost conscious traveler. The complimentary dinner served Monday-Thursday is a value added feature you don't find at many hotels. We look forward to the next time your family visits Saginaw, MI and stays at the Ramada Inn and Suites.
Yours in Hospitality,
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently hosted my daughter's wedding, and had my family and friends stay at the Ramada for this event. They were all so impressed with the large beautiful rooms and suites. I really appreciate the friendliness and professionalism of their staff, especially Tamara. I will definitely continue to use the Ramada and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Mother of the Bride:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw. I am glad that your family and friends were impressed with their accomodations and it is always nice to be a part of such a special occasion. Also, thank you for mentioning Tamera by name. We appreciate and acknowledge special staff recognition. We hope to host your family again in the near future!
Sevierville
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I'm originally from this area. I stayed at this hotel when we went home for Christmas. I was surprised how sketchy the area looked, but it really is not. I lived in that neighborhood for many years, it's safe. The rooms are clean, the service is great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Former Sagineer!
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us at the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room clean and the service great! We are actually in a great central location in Saginaw. Close to shopping, dining, the downtown Dow Event Center, Celebration Square, the Temple Theatre and so much more. We are on the boarder of a residental area which is very safe and our guests enjoy the peace and quiet as well as nice afternoon strolls through the quaint neighborhood. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit back to your home town!
ontario
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We usually stay closer to the FashionSq. Mall but this hotel was also very close and we were very impressesed with the reviews, so
we gave it a try and are we ever glad we did.
The hotel was everything they said, the rooms were very spacious and very clean, they had a sink in the room along with a fridge,microwave, and a lovely vanity to apply your makeup.We had a free dinner in the restaurant that is available Mon-Thur and breakfast is available. No pets allowed. As we have said we look forward to going back in November

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Canadian Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw. As you can see, reviews have become a big part of the decision process of where to stay, so your review is much appreciated. I am glad you found your room clean and well appointed. Our housekeeping staff works very hard and our local owners take great pride in their hotel. The free dinner is a value added bonus and is very well recieved by our hotel guests. Most guests are surprised to see that it is a 3-course dinner served to you, not a buffet. We are anxiously awaiting your return in November!
See you then!
michigan
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I needed a cheap place to stay while visiting her family in Bay City. This Ramada was almost half the price of other hotels in the area, so we booked a room here. The more expensive hotels are located in a "better" location (closer to the mall and restaurant) BUT they do not offer FREE DINNER DURING THE WEEK like Ramada does! Breakfast was good, room was clean - I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Ramada Inn Saginaw, MI Guest~
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Many people look at these reviews when making a decision to book a reservation online. I am glad that you found our hotel a great value and you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is quiet and peaceful but less than a 1/4 mile from shopping and dining on State street and only 3.5 miles from the Tittabawassee shopping area and 20 minutes from Frankenmuth - Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. We look forward to taking care of you again on your next visit to Saginaw!