“Great Meal”

Levi's Food & Spirits
Ranked #120 of 279 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my husband's and my first visit to Levi's since they moved from Bay Road (how many years ago?!). My husband ordered the Fisherman's Platter, I had the perch platter. We ordered cups of french onion soup and fries as our sides. The soup would have been perfect if only the onions had been cooked and tender. The broth and croutons were full of flavor, but alas...those onions. The fish (both plates) were delicious and everything was HOT...piping hot. Our server was attentive without hovering, and very pleasant.

The biggest drawback to our meal was where we were seated, which was on the other side of the small partition near the entry door. The place was packed, and people waiting for tables were more or less forced to stand behind both of us as they waited. Hard to enjoy a meal with all those people standing around watching you eat. We were bumped into numerous times and subjected to a few toddler aged children who were quite whiny and loud.

The other thing I missed was the ambiance of the old Levi's. The new (to us) place is very bright and missing the atmosphere. Seems to me that if they would paint the ceiling a darker color it might restore some of that antique-y feel?

Service and food: big thumbs up. Overflow patrons and atmosphere: one thumb up, one down. Would we go again? Maybe.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The ham that everyone raves about was sub-par and a little dry. The price seemed a little steep for cramped seating, small waiting area, and what was obviously gordon food service products top-to-bottom.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Everything is great on the menu. I recommend their sandwiches to everyone. Love the ruben, very tender. Big portions for your money.

1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We should have left when they told us they only had 3 sodas available and the waiter couldn't remember to bring a breakfast menu back. I couldn't decide on anything because it all sounded generic so I decided breakfast food is usually safe. I ordered eggs benedict and my husband ordered a sandwich, fries, and side salad. When the food came out it looked less than average and mine tasted awful. The eggs were very undercooked so I did not eat them and the hollandaise sauce tasted like thickened cheap chicken gravy. The hashbrowns were not even warm all the way through. My husband said his sandwich was good and the rest was ok. It all looked like boxed pre made food. I hate when I come out hungrier than when i went in.

3  Thank Megan P
Reviewed June 1, 2012

What a deal on a huge plate of nachos. Plenty for 3!