“Excellent food, superb service - a hidden gem”

Kabob & Curry House
Ranked #91 of 274 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Midland, Michigan
“Excellent food, superb service - a hidden gem”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I recently moved back to the tri-city area and discovered the Kebab N Curry House on TripAdvisor when looking for a place to go for my birthday dinner. The reviews were good, so I decided to take a chance on it. I love Indian food, and I hadn't eaten since moving back. When my husband and I drove into the strip mall where the restaurant is, we were concerned because so few cars were in the parking lot and the restaurant looked dark inside despite the lighted 'open' sign on the front window. My husband wanted to leave, but I encouraged him to at least check out the inside. Do not let the facade fool you; the interior of the restaurant was simple but lovely, with Asian decor and white table cloths on the table. The waitress was extremely friendly, helpful, and prompt with our requests and helped us decipher what we would most enjoy on the menu. The food itself came out steaming hot. My husband ordered a meat kebab platter, and it came out on a sizzing dish (like the way fajitas are served) and it was spiced to perfection. My lamb curry dish looked beautiful, and tasted even better. Soup came with the meal, and we ordered naan bread and samosas. Because it was my birthday, the waitress brought a free rice pudding for dessert. My husband has never liked rice pudding, and I'm not always a fan, so we were a little disappointed, but decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, the rice pudding was AMAZING. Whether you eat rice pudding or not, you will probably like the one prepared by the new Nepalese chef at the Kebab N Curry House. The prices throughout the menu were also very reasonable and provide an excellent value. We will definitely be coming back and giving our business to this hidden gem in Saginaw. We went on a Thursday night, but they have a buffet on Sundays that we'd like to come back and try as well.

One final note: the chef is excellent but because he is from Nepal, the food is not as spicy as South Indian cuisine. You can, however, request low, medium, hot, or Indian hot levels of spiciness to accommodate your own taste. I ordered my meal 'hot' and it was not too spicy or overpowering. If you like your food very spicy, I'd recommend going with Indian hot.

All things considered, I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Elise H

saginaw, mi
“buffet”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We went here for their Sunday buffet and I was very pleased. The food was always fresh and varied from quite spicy to not too much spice.I like it spicy and ym wife does not. We were both happy.The service was very good. It doesn't look like mutch from the outside but the food is great.

• Visited July 2011
Essexville, Michigan
“A nice change”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We dined here a week or so ago and had a nice time. The food was a change for the good. I had the Tikka Masala and my wife had the lamb kabob. Both were prepared well and had the right spice to them. Service was good, we were the only people in there at first so we had their full attention. We will go back, no doubt.

• Visited May 2011
BANGALORE
“very best service”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I visited thrice and the chicken kurma was really tasty.
the service is really good and polite.

Visited October 2010
4 Thank DAYANANDA_GK
“Great Experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This was my second visit to this restaurant, and I continue to be impressed. I wish I had discovered this place sooner. I took my sister out to dinner, and she said her meal was the highlight of her vacation. The food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. Our waiter was prompt and knowledgeable about the menu. The value was remarkable - our meal would have cost twice as much at an Indian restaurant in any other town. My palak paneer was very flavorful, and my sister really enjoyed her curry kabob. If you're looking for delicious food with a difference, this is the place for you.

2 Thank Peznbooks

Been to Kabob & Curry House? Share your experiences!