Americas Best Value Inn-Saginaw South
  • Breakfast included
Regency Inn(Saginaw)
Heidelberg Motel(Bridgeport)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 of the 3 nights we booked. Hotel directly off the highway, but in a sketchy part of town. Very dated property, but clean. Breakfast included, basic but edible.

One complaint I did have was the hotel manager's brother came outside our second night, invited himself to sit down with my friend and I, outside, late evening (rudely interrupted our conversation and he was a very high strung black male). At first the conversation seemed innocent but he quickly proceeded to ask me and my friend what our sexual preferences were and if white Canadian women really enjoyed black men (fill in the blanks). I quickly gobbled my drink and prompted my friend to come inside. I am not sure if he was drunk or high to be quite honest.

This was one of the reasons we left a day early.

Wifi at the hotel is very unreliable. If you can, stay elsewhere. Price was cheap but I would never return.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angele A
Ryannon H, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Saginaw South, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I understand that you had issues with a family member of an employee and the internet as well. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and would like the opportunity to show you how exceptional our hotel can be. The employee that you mentioned is no longer with us. Also, we are working with our internet provider in order get a stronger signal in all of our rooms. In addition, we have very recently changed management and are in the process of implementing many changes to our property. These changes include, but are not limited to, re-training our staff and renovating and updating our rooms and hallways. I am so sure that we can change your mind about our property that I would like to offer you one FREE night Sunday through Thursday, or 50% off of one night on any Friday or Saturday that we available rooms. This offer will be available to you until November 30, 2015. To claim this offer please e-mail me at ABVInnSaginaw@hotmail.com with your name and the dates of your previous stay and the date that you like to reserve. Again, I apologize for your previous stay and look forward to making it up to you.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nothing works! Bad TV, no air, wi fi only in lobby, fridge luke warm! Go to motel 6 if you want to save money! I travel often for work and this was my worst hotel stay ever! Definitely will never use this chain again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ryannon H, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Saginaw South, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I understand that you had many issues with things not working properly for you. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and would like the opportunity to show you how exceptional our hotel can be. We have very recently changed management and are in the process of implementing many changes to our property. These changes include, but are not limited to, re-training our staff and renovating and updating our rooms and hallways. We are also working with our internet provider to get a stronger signal inside of our rooms. I am so sure that we can change your mind about our property that I would like to offer you one FREE night Sunday through Thursday, or 50% off of one night on any Friday or Saturday that we available rooms. This offer will be available to you until November 30, 2015. To claim this offer please e-mail me at ABVInnSaginaw@hotmail.com with your name and the dates of your previous stay and the date that you like to reserve. Again, I apologize for your previous stay and look forward to making it up to you.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here one night on Memorial Day weekend. I had read mixed reviews, but the price was great at $40, so we took a chance. The front door looked a little cruddy and I thought we might have made a mistake. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was a table but only one chair, so that might be an issue for some people, but we didn't need the extra chair. Some people have mentioned that the hallways smell. It most likely is from the indoor pool in the adjacent atrium. The hallways from the main hotel halls leading to the atrium are open, so there aren't doors to contain the smell. The atrium and pool area appeared to be very nice. The breakfast is all carbs: bagels, toast, cereal, but the do have a waffle maker. It was enough to get us going. Overall, it was a very good value and we would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and would like to invite you to stay with us again. We are very recently under new management and will be making many renovations and updates to our rooms and hallways, as well as adding to continental breakfast. I would love for you to stay with us again and have an even better stay. I am happy to offer you one FREE night Sunday through Thursday or 50% off of one night on any Friday or Saturday that we have available rooms. To accept this offer please e-mail me at ABVInnSaginaw@hotmail.com with your name and the date of your previous stay as well as the day you would like to reserve. This offer will remain valid until November 30, 2015. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Where do I start. The pictures on this site are not todays look..... I'm sure it once was a grand place to stay but NOT TODAY!! The pool was down and hot tub... They did give us a rebate for this..... The safety lock chain was ripped off the entrance door to our room, dirty carpet... peeling wall paper.... dirty tub..... felt so very unsafe..... just creepie. If you are going to have this hotel might I suggest updated it by section.. keeping the other sections closed until undates can be made. Dining area is not bad at all.If you did 5 rooms a month with new carpet.... new bedding.... freshed walls and ceilings... and just a major good old fashion scrubbing you could bring the dignity back to a once nice hotel... just a suggestion.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I understand that you had several issues with maintenance, housekeeping, the pool, as well as feeling safe. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and would like the opportunity to show you how exceptional our hotel can be. We have very recently changed management and are in the process of implementing many changes to our property. These changes include, but are not limited to, re-training our staff and renovating and updating our rooms. I am so sure that we can change your mind about our property that I would like to offer you one FREE night Sunday through Thursday, or 50% off of one night on any Friday or Saturday that we available rooms. This offer will be available to you until November 30, 2015. To claim this offer please e-mail me at ABVInnSaginaw@hotmail.com with your name and the dates of your previous stay and the date that you like to reserve. Again, I apologize for your previous stay and look forward to making it up to you.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Room was clean but the hallways were very drab and stink. Overall not bad for what we paid but definitely a hotel that was very good in its day but that was 20 yrs ago. The lady helping with breakfast was very nice but only one waffle machine so be prepared to wait.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I would like to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. We are recently under new management and am happy to say we will be renovating and updating our rooms very soon. We hope to see you again in the future and would like to offer you one FREE night Sunday through Thursdays, OR 50% off of one night on any Friday or Saturday. To claim this offer please e-mail me at ABVInnSaginaw@hotmail.com with your name and the dates of your previous stay, as well as the date you would like to reserve. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your business.