“Good place, staff, and price”

Americas Best Value Inn-Saginaw South
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'm a foreigner and I stayed here for a few days I was to spend at a conference. The people treated me very good. They were knowledgeable and helped me many times. Showed me where I could get something to eat, called cabs for me, and always were courteous. This place for the value was good for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amir K

Reviewed September 25, 2012

You can tell that the owners are trying to fix the hotel up. The smell of new paint is in the hallways and my room. The front desk answered all my questions about where I should eat and go for a great night out.Not bad for the price I paid I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hotelguest28512
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A former Best Western turned into a Best Value, Honestly if this is the way the new company bought it I don't blame BW for selling it. It was kinda run down. But, the room was clean. The staff was very courteous. The Continental Breakfast wasn't too bad. There was ample parking for big rigs. We were traveling cross country and just needed a place to crash. This worked. May I suggest you ask to see your room first.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ok we stayed the weekend here. I could not cancel or get a refund due to booking thru yahoo. First it stinks next our bathroom was dirty on the soap rack, the beds suck, hot tub didnt work, and to much chlorine in the pool i had to flush my eyes out and could not open them for several minutes. Toilet seat in our room was broken. Wall paper falling off the walls, stains all over. The games in the pool area are all junk! No net on the ping pong table. Also when u shower the water drains slow. And the lockers in the pool area looked like they have not been cleaned in months. Not a place i would stay at again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Missy49783
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First, I want to say the staff here is friendly and they try to help you. That being said, this hotel needs an overhaul. The lobby and pool area seems okay, however, the rooms need to be redone and hotel needs to purchase much-needed supplies. There are stains everywhere (floor, beds, couches, ceilings, towels, etc), and our room did not have blankets and bedspread.(Fortunately we use our own blankets and pillows when traveling). Water in tub took hours to drain after showering. There is a lounge in the Hotel and on a Sunday night there was thumping music until the early hours. With some TLC and some room renovations this can be a convenient hotel as it is right off from I-75 in Saginaw and convenient to those traveling to and from the UP. I hope they really make an all-out-effort and make this a good place to stay. Good luck!

Room Tip: Poolside Rooms are convenient to the pool. There is a lounge int he hotel, so if there is a party...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sallybeecleveland
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Don't go here, I mean it. went to check in at 3:00 - multiple rooms. most rooms not ready until after 10:00 pm. Was with a group - here is what we collectively experienced. Smelly, musty rooms, sewer flies, dirty sheets, blood on a pillow, visible stains on walls, carpets, beds, ceilings, boxsprings. Cigarette burns in comforters, and windows. Rooms not cleaned yet but keys given any way, those rooms waited hours to be cleaned. Not enough towels in rooms, towels that were there were scratchy. broken elevator, keys given to new customers even though rooms were occupied. Cold water not working. At check in, pubic hair on used soap in shower, dead skin and nails on sink counter. gunk on sheets, sheets appeared to have been used, many threadbare. no mattress covers, so when you lifted the sheets to check for bedbugs, all stains were clearly visible. No sprinklers in the event of fire. Is this place even up to code? Should it be reported to the health department? broken ice machines, worn and old across the board. probably the worst neighborhood in Saginaw. I understand the red roof inn down the street is host to drug dealers and prostitutes. That was all this place was missing to complete the picture. I feel bad for the people that work there. They try to help but the product they have to sell you is just awful.

Room Tip: keep driving.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sassymouthsue
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Okay, I am not one to complain or review the many hotels that we stay in, however this must be said for everyone's safety. Upon arrival the said pool and hottub closed. Someone was working on it. Yeah right. We get to the room, dirty and smelly however we turned the air on. Sent out shopping and came back for a shower. Hot water tap worked, barely, cold water tap turned and turned and turned.....did not work. The tub questionable. I do not recommend bare feet or bathing your children in the tub. Sent to the desk at 1130pm and employee was going to allow me into another room to shower. Ah i think not we finally changed rooms. This room dirty and not even cleaned. Another room here we go.....only a sheet on the bed with stains all over the bed. Third room now 1230am red stains on the sheets
Spoke with manager. Offered to give us half off a future stay. I said what... As if I'm coming back. Then offered 15 percent off our weekend stay. The fixed the pool..a chemical issue. We walked to the pool area and smelled like and chemical disaster...our eyes we watering about 50 feet from the pool.

But hey top it off I met a guy who knew where to score some good stuff....unbelievable can it get any worse.... Yes.

Service is horrible. I learned once again you get what you pay for. Crappy dirty bed, dirty bathroom, dirty floors and nobody cared.

However if you are okay with these conditions...great value.....however I'm going home to get antibiotics.

Room Tip: Sorry. My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple