Residence Inn by Marriott Saginaw
$129
TownePlace Suites
Sleep-ees Inn(Saginaw)
$45
All reviewsfront deskone bedroom suiteplace to staywe've stayeddishwasherinnsfurniture
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were traveling from Philadelphia to Traverse City, MI and stopped overnight for a break. We got the last room at Residence Inn and booked my mom next door at Springhill. It took all of about 30 seconds to realize what a horrible mistake I had made. This hotel felt dirty, they was a junebug in the hall outside our room, and the furniture was a little torn and tattered. The management was very nice about our switching hotels, but I was surprised that it was so unkempt. I have never stayed at Marriott in this shape before. Disappointed, and shocked by all the great reviews here on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Briggie73
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Saginaw about 4 times in the past 4 months and have never had an issue or problem. Rooms are large, clean and inviting. Staff is exceptional with help obtaining taxi's or use of their shuttle. There is a managers reception some nights with some really good food and company. Breakfast each morning is pretty much the same, with the hot dishes rotating so that is always a nice treat, but is very much welcome. Wireless internet is free and easy to log onto. The hotel also has a pool and work out room, but I do not use either. The hotel is located across from an enclosed mall and next to two strip centers that has a Super Target, Joann fabrics, Michael's, Big lots, staples, office max and some clothing stores. The mall and the strip stores are very walkable. There is also a Friday's restaurant across the street, a Bob Evans, Denny's and Outback all within walking distance and all have to-go service. As of June 2011 there is construction on I-675 and the exit is closed going Northbound....so you have to go past it and get off at another exit, turn around and access the exit going Southbound. Kudos to their web site for stating this as well, as then I was not caught off guard. Will stay here during my next business trips to the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family and I had a great time staying at the Residence Inn. We had reserved our rooms on a busy weekend in Saginaw, but you wouldn't have noticed at all that the hotel was booked out completely. There was little noise or disturbances. The continental breakfast was great. It had items beyond the basic muffins and cereal. For example, Saturday breakfast included potatoes, waffles and pancakes and Sunday's breakfast included biscuits and gravy. Yummy!! The hotel amenities offered exceeded my expectations. The only complaint that we have is that the pool was too cold. Otherwise, the whirlpool was great.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2010

t booked 2 rooms at a great rate october 10 2010 and called back two weeks later to book another room at the same rate.Great that they honoured the special rate.I went to use the hot tub before the 6 am .The person at the front desk said that they would open the pool and hot tub at 2 am if it would help me as i was in back pain and the hot tub does wonders for .We used the last towels in the pool area within 2 minutes more arrived. We ate dinner(as family group of 9 booked 5 rooms) in the breakfast area played card games watched tv .The front desk found rooms near each others room for us and bent over backwards for us with anything we asked for .five star service stay stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I stay at this property several nights a month and am happy enough with the facility. It's pretty new, the rooms are incredibly spacious and pleasantly decorated, and they have large kitchen areas with granite countertops, a rangetop, a full-sized fridge, a full-sized microwave, and all the utensils, dishes and cookware you'd need to cook and serve a full meal. It's therefore a great place for an extended stay or families. It has several entrances so you can park and enter near your room, which is convenient. If I were rating the hotel solely on the facilities, I'd give it 4 1/2 starts for this class of hotel. Service is another story, though. While the staff is very friendly, they aren't terribly competent. Since I stay often they have a credit card on file for me to cover the room and incidentals, but about 30% of the time the desk clerk doesn't see this and asks me for one anyway. About the same percentage of the time I have to go back to the front desk because my key doesn't open the exterior door or the room door. I always request a wakeup call in addition to setting the alarm, and it's a crapshoot whether I'll get it or not. While their sales manager is unfailingly cheery and nice, it took her about 10 days to answer my last e-mail and she hasn't sent me any confirmation of my latest round of reservations. And although I request a 3rd floor room and my reservations are made months in advance, this request has never been honored. The hotel is always fully booked, at least during weekdays when I'm there, so maybe there's no incentive to try harder. I've also observed a high turnover rate among both staff and management, which may be the root of the problem.

Despite the many service hiccups, it still beats the other hotels I've tried in the area, with the exception of its sister property next door, Spring Hill Suites. If you're staying in Saginaw, it's one of your two best choices.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business