“Our favorite Chinese food!”
Review of Hunans

Hunans
Ranked #90 of 277 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hunan's is my 4 year old sons favorite place to eat. He will always request it if I ask where he wants to go. I like the consistency of their food I know what I am going to get when it comes to the table. We really like the waiter at one of our last visits- he was really funny. He brought our soup and wontons and told my son they were chinese doritos and when he brought our water said it was fresh from the Saginaw river. I like that you can order items how you like- no msg, brown sauce instead of white, no peppers... Especially at lunch it is a great value!

1  Thank Megan P

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I don't eat at Hunan's often, but when I do, their food is always good. It's not the most amazing Chinese food ever, but it's tasty and reasonably priced. The service is usually good as well. I went here with a few people in February and we shared dishes. The only thing I didn't really care for was the Amazing Chicken, which was not what we expected based on the menu description. The Sesame Chicken was really good as were the two beef dishes (can't remember exactly what they were) that were also ordered.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I believe that the cleanliness factor has slipped significantly over the past five years. The sweet and sour sauce arrived in a container that hadn't been clean in some time. The exterior of the lid was sticky and unacceptable. The men's room was, in a word, dirty. There was toilet paper stuck to the ceiling for so long that it had dried up there and had turned yellow. Ther areas around the sink and toilet were filthy. I believe that restroom cleanliness is somewhat a reflectiojn of kitchen cleanliness.

Ordered fried rice and got white rice. Those things happen but linked with the overall lack of tidiness and the 1980's plastic ersatz chinese decor, I won't be going back. Take care of your business and it will take care of you. Not happening here.

1  Thank woody d
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We really enjoy Hunan's but our most favorite item is their Sizzling Rice Soup! It is simply delicious and we have not found soup that compares in any other Chinese restaurant. We've tried!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were introduced to Hunans 11 years ago. The food is simply delicious. It has come to be a favorite of all of ours. Eating as a individual, couple, family or large group, Hunans has always gone above and beyond to take the best care of us. It is also very easy to do take out orders. Lena and the rest of Hunans staff are amazing people, and we are so grateful they are there.

Been to Hunans? Share your experiences!