“Terrific lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Terrific lunch”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped here on our way through Saginaw, hungry and not knowing what to expect. Lovely spot. They've been in business since 1946, and the place was full. Very good salad bar, I thought, and it came with soup. The soup choice was chicken & rice, something I almost never order as I was fed far too much of the tinned version when I was a child, but this soup was excellent. Very good lake perch dinner. Friendly staff, and the owner dropped by each table to ask how the meals were going.

• Visited July 2012

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,388 helpful votes
“It is getting better!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have always liked Sullivan's, but the newer owners are doing a great job with the place. Service is very good, you receive a lot of attention from them. I recently went back to dine with a high school friend and learned her elderly mother dined at this place often. The owner knew my friend immediately and gave her his condolences on her mother's passing and a hug. Heck, he hugged me too! He was very attentive and even offered to help with some moving chores that have to be yet accomplished for the family. What a nice gesture!

I had the fish and chips, and it has been a long time since I have eaten them, because the last experience wasn't good! This time they were very good and I enjoyed and finished my whole meal. I initially added the salad bar onto my meal, but never made it up to it, and the waitress was very good about taking it off my tab. My friend always enjoys the salad bar and is always happy with it.

It was pretty darn busy, and I hope it stays that way. Cheers to the new management/owners.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank tymetraveler222
Saginaw, Michigan
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Fred and Jim have made this restaurant one that you will want to return too, menu has great food selections. Atmosphere is changing to the likes of the new owners, which is a welcome change. Service is great and owner Fred is a charming individual that is all about pleasing his customers' palate. Saginaw needs more restaurant's like this, reminds me of the days of Roys Steak House or Royal Palm. Sure beats going to a chain eatery same food and experience!

• Visited February 2012