“Some servers are great ....others not so”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #18 of 277 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

If they could get all of the waitstaff to work as hard and as consistently as Seth they've be blessed. Several tables who were not his got better service from him then there own server. This is what saved the day and kept me from giving here a mediocre review. Joana could learn a few nay a lot of things from him as well

There are newer reviews for IHOP

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am a fan of IHOP, so I was thrilled when I learned one was opening in Saginaw. There were none in this area, and I'd been driving to Brighton, MI when I wanted IHOP.

I am fairly pleased with this location. I dine here at least twice a month, sometimes more often, and the food is consistently good and the coffee is always great, but they only have regular half and half, not flavored cream like other IHOP locations. I like the New York cheesescake pancakes, but my only complaint is they drown them in strawberries and whipped cream. I've found that it is best to ask that the toppings be left off. I also like the savory crepes, especially the garden harvest crepes with hollandaise sauce.

The service here is friendly, but not especially efficient. The tables are too close together in some areas, but overall it is a comfortable atmosphere. The bathrooms are clean and the parking lot is large.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had a working breakfast here and as always, lived up to the expectations. Food was excellent, service was as well. The server went as far as heating up the coffee mugs prior to pouring coffee in them. Not sure how much that matters, but I appreciate the attention to detail and the effort to go above and beyond! Like many restaurants, the portions are much too large, even for an above averaged size male such as myself. I suppose if that is the worst you can say about a place, its doing pretty good.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food was served quickly, was warm and very delicious.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

It was with much anticipation that we decided to try the new IHOP in Saginaw. Well we were let down. We ate there Mon. Dec. 26th. We were a party of 5. Promptly seated, but noticed that one of their two cool digital signs that are a focal point at hostess stand was dark - turned off - so presumed broken. Quiet evening. We ordered drinks while exploring the menu. served quickly. We ordered - some breakfast food some dinner food. Unfortunatley, dinner took over 20 minutes to be prepared, perhaps 25 minutes. With nothing served in advance like rolls or something, it was a long wait. Did not see our server during that time. She brought out food for 3 people - as they DON'T apparently use Serving trays. Then 3 of us had food while she went back to kitchen to get the other two. I hate it when a restaurant won't invest in trays and tray stands for servers. STRIKE ONE. Server had not provided any Silver ware. So I hunted down 4 sets of rolled silver ware from dirty tables that was untouched and couldn't find a fifth set. STRIKE TWO. So I placed them in front of my family has she arrived back to table - with last of food. my wife ordered milk and daughter ordered ranch dip for fries. They were forgotten.

The food was ok - only. Nothing unique. My wife was most excited about dining here and she felt her pancakes were average - not much flavor. Son had chocolate chip pancakes, but only some sprinkled on top. None visible in pancake. It was a brown pancake but had no flavor of chocolate at all.

I had the Bacon Burger. I know it was on the shelf to be served a long time as the pickle with it was as hot as the hamburger. I hate it when cold food (a pickle) is put under a heat lamp.

She was a very pleasant gal, but never referred to her note pad and was forgetful.

No manager ever visible (about 7pm when we finished) and we didn't bother complaining as we didn't want to waste the time to fix anything. just decided to pay full price and write it off.

Hope you can turn this all around folks!

1  Thank Jim_Engel

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!