“Awful! Do not waste your money.”

Motel 6 Saginaw - Frankenmuth
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
detroit
“Awful! Do not waste your money.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Bad location, old hotel, and had a cockroach crawling across the bathroom floor. My suggestion is to pay the extra money and stay in Frankenmuth. It will be in a better location and more enjoyable for your visit.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Marysville, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The description of this place on their website is no where what it is. There were cigarette burns all over everything, even on the TV from 1980. The doors and walls could really use a fresh coat of paint. The area is not safe. If I would have had my children with me I would have left. We decided at the last minute to attend an event in Frankenmuth and this was the only thing we could find that had a opening. (That should have clued me in). There were shady characters all over the place and I'm pretty sure I was watching hookers going in and out of the rooms. The best part was when a drunken man was asking how much we paid for our classic car and how much was it worth.. as he was leaning all over it and gawking in the window.. He then asked us for quarters to buy beer, being a person that has been in law enforcement for many years this sent out a red flag. I called the local police to basically check out the vagrant and ask them to keep an eye on the parking lot and two officers showed up. There was a male sergeant and and a female road officer and let me tell you she was nasty. She told me that I had no business calling the police, because that was not a police matter? Really.. that is when I informed her of my line of work (which is the same as hers) and told her panhandling, vagrancy and begging for money is illegal and If I felt that something was off about someone I had every right to call for the police( mind you, I called a non emergency line).. I had to put her and check now that's pretty sad, if you stay somewhere and there a suspicious beggar in a parking lot eyeing up your property, and the police say it's not their job to deal with.. yeah my advice is to Keep on going.. ( on the other hand her sergeant apologized for her ignorance,, glad he showed up with her).. but overall dirty... needs updating and not safe... find another place !

Room Tip: I do not think there are any "Good Rooms" here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shan m

Travelers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place scares me. I didn’t see the bullet-proof glass as previously reviewed but when you see a sign on your room door reminding you to latch the door for protection - obviously it is a bad area. What helped my fear of this place was the pimped Cadillac de ville convertible with expensive rims that was sitting in the a parking spot next to my car; or the gangsta looking character sitting in his Buick at the back of the lot yakking on his mobile phone while other cars would park next to him for a few seconds then drive off.

When we first arrived to the room the place smelled musky, it was a sign that we should have left right away. We had to leave the door open for about an hour to clear the smell as the windows didn’t open. The sheets on the bed were clean but old and grungy. The bed spread had cigarette burns in it; odd for a non-smoking room. For a room that accommodates four people there was only two bath towels (small enough to be hand towels), one hand towel, and one face cloth. I could go on but why waste time – read the other reviews.

I do not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CndTrvlr042
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We didn't stay. Asked for a full refund after stopping at 1 am and dragging our luggage up to the 2nd floor. The room was filthy. Definitely not worth the $66 they were charging.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2011

On a cross country move with Pets and so we decided to do Motel 6's because of their lax pet policy and cheap rooms. This isn't a vacation so much as stop in the road. The motel was definitely gungy, but overall clean. The room was a little musty, but the floor was clean and the surfaces seemed wiped. We did a thorough inspection of the bed and mattress with a light to make sure there were no buggy invaders, especially knowing about Michigan's bedbug problem. Thankfully all clear and the mattress and bedding checked out fine. Might I add that the lady at the front desk was very very nice. It is in a seedier part of town right off the interstate and there are definitely people living here week to week, but overall no less safe than anywhere else. We did have someone knock on our door and then walk away laughing, which startled our 90lb dog in a bark. But it was just a prank and no harm was done.

Don't expect luxury or many amenities, but for what it is, a place to shower, use the bathroom, sleep overnight, it served us well. I wouldn't want to vacation here or bring my family. Even though it was rundown, it looked pretty clean, but if you are uptight or squeamish about the potential/appearance of germs, just move on down the road. Although the rooms in a higher end hotel chains may not actually be any cleaner when you get down to it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sault, MI
Reviewed June 13, 2011

First, the good. The door had a lock. I could park right by my door.

Maybe I got put in the building that needed remodeling, but this was just a bad experience. I arrived about 9 pm, and had to talk to the clerk through the bulletproof glass, sliding pens and paperwork through the little slot. I can understand that the hotel management wants their clerks to feel safe, but she acted like I was a bank robber (I'm not.).

A previous reviewer said the room should have been remodeled 5 years ago. Maybe... maybe longer. It needed a fresh coat of primer and paint, and new furniture and a new bedspread. The remote to the tv had popped open, revealing the batteries. I thought that was odd, until I found that to work the remote, you had to hold the batteries in, and aim it at the tv. If you wanted to go ahead one channel, you held the batteries and aimed it at the tv for about a second. If you wanted to cruise through a couple of channels, you aimed the remote for a bit longer. Buuuut, if you went too far, you had to spin all the way through all the numbers again--no pressing 7 and going directly to channel 7, and no back button. It was an entertaining game, since I couldn't really explore the channels to see what was on. I didn't want to call the desk and ask about a new remote, as the lady was already convinced I was about to attack her, or rob her, or something. Since the bedspread looked pretty gross, I sat at the desk, which looked like an old library carrel, complete with a weird outlet strip. The bathroom needed either deep cleaning or paint, or both. In all, this was depressing and a little scary. This was way below the usual standards of a Motel 6. More like a Motel 2 or 3.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Shenendoah
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The staff was helpful and accomadating.
The area made us nervous, but overall seemed fairly safe.
We had a large redish/brown stain on the matress. (It basically looked like someone had been killed in the bed.) Thankfully when we expressed our dissatisfaction to the manager they replaced the bed with another one. They stated it was a "red pop" stain, but I've seen those before and it didn't not seem like the right color.
I will only stay here again if there are no other options!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saginaw
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw
Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Saginaw
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw
Super 8 Saginaw
Super 8 Saginaw
#12 of 23 in Saginaw
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth

Been to Motel 6 Saginaw - Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!