“Lovely Stay at a Lovely Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a great one night stay at this hotel at the beginning of August. Everything you need is close by. The pool is great for smaller children since it is fairly shallow. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We couldn't have had a better stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Exj132:

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites.

It is always great to hear how friendly our staff is as we strive to provide excellent customer service at our hotel.

We hope to have you stay with us again in Saginaw!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stay at Hampton's often for the loyalty points and because we can pretty much know what to expect. This hotel was exceptional because everyone on the staff made it a point to greet us when they saw us -- from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the people who staffed the breakfast. I appreciate that attention to customer service. Other than that exceptional experience, this Hampton was fine. It was pretty quiet (except for the people on the floor above who were quite noisy). The breakfast is unremarkable, and a madhouse on a Saturday morning. We really know better than to eat it, but were in a hurry. The rate was higher than the value for the location, but we were not choosy because we were in town for a funeral. Overall, would recommend if the price is within what you are willing to pay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Foodie12348:

Thank you for staying with us and being a Hilton Honors member! Our Hampton Inn & Suites here in Saginaw opened in September, 2011 and while we know our rate can be higher than that of some of our competitiors we make up for that in service. Amenities include things we find are important to travelers, including free wifi throughout the hotel, a 30 + item hot breakfast daily and free guest laundry.

Should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, we hope to bring you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed one night and was very impressed with the entire hotel. You can tell that the hotel is new everything in the hotel is done right from the bedding, the bed, washrooms, lobby, size of room etc. The hotel is in a convenient location to the highway and shopping. Complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby is a nice touch. The breakfast lounge was classy. Very courteous and helpful staff. The only cons is the breakfast selection was very average at best and being a "green" hotel. you would think that they would have glass glasses in the room not paper/Styrofoam. All in all great experience and would definitely stay there again. Keep up the good work !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Karen c:

Thank you for the review, we appreciate all feedback and are happy that you were impressed with our property.

Our coffee/tea station is available 24 hours per day and we are glad you thought it was a nice touch.

As we do try to be a "green" hotel as much as possible, the plates we are currently using are Enviroware, which are biodegradable.

Should I be able to assist you anymore, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 989-797-2220 or callie.cain@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I'm hard to impress, especially when it comes to hotels. But Hampton Inn and Suites in Saginaw was absolutely amazing. I loved it. it was so clean and the whole place seems very new. The staff were courteous, the food was plentiful and the dining room is spectacular! The architecture and decorating are really beautiful. It makes you just want to hang out and chill. There is free coffee available for you at all times which is nice.

The pool was excellent--very clean area. We utilized the office area which was really handy too. The fitness center was small, but would have everything you could need.

The beds were SO COMFORTABLE too! And the bathroom was great!! I slept like a baby that night. I'm a clean freak, trust me. I check everything. Twice. Maybe three times if I'm really paranoid. But this place is new, clean, spacious, and hip. Love it. Would stay again in a heartbeat! Plus it's close to a lot of restaurants and the highway, so it's really convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor suites due to possible foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrinityDiodore

Dear Trinity Diordore:

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you felt so comfortable in your guest room. Our housekeeping staff does a tremendous job and keeping the hotel very, very clean and that makes for happy guests!

We hope to see you in Saginaw again very soon! If there is anything else that I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at callie.cain@hilton.com or 989-797-2220.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Decided to give this hotel a try after having stayed at most other hotels around Saginaw. I stayed with my family and we had two rooms, one with a king bed and another with two queens. Due to an error that was made when booking, I called in and requested a change from two queens to a king bed (booking was originally set up for two rooms with two queens each). The staff made the change without hassle.

Check-in was quite fast and front desk staff is quite friendly and helpful. Particular note goes to Jamie who seems like she never goes home.

The hotel was quite full and we received a handicap accessible king studio suite, which was a complimentary upgrade, likely due to availability as the hotel was quite full due to numerous weddings in town. The king suite was quite spacious and beds were comfortable. The room still had a new room smell. A nice touch was a bag of microwavable popcorn in the room. Coffee, tea and water are readily available throughout the day in the lobby.

While I was quite satisfied with my stay, there were some negatives. Housekeeping came to our part of the hotel quite late (around 3:30 pm, which seems to be the standard in town) and ultimately passed our room. I did receive an apology about it on check out from the front desk, but it wasn't a big deal as I didn't need it. The booking site that was used seemed to indicate that standard rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, but that was not the case. When I inquired with staff, they said refrigerators are available on request (at no charge) and asked if my parents who stayed in the standard room required one (they didn't, our suite includes both the microwave and refrigerator anyway). For some reason, our key cards kept on failing and had to be replaced each day (the front desk did this without issue). Complimentary breakfast selection was only average.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely return. There were some problems, but the staff was friendly and helpful enough to address them. These issues will hopefully be ironed out over time.

Room Tip: If you don't need two beds, king rooms can feel more spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BB_Traveller514

Dear BB_Traveller514:

Thank you for your feedback, we always feel that "feedback is a gift" especially if it can assist us in making a guest's stay more pleasant.

We are glad you were able to experience one of our suite's, they really are very spacious. All of our suites do have microwaves and refrigerators in them and glad you were able to enjoy the popcorn!

We were sorry to hear your key cards failed daily, they are sometimes very sensitive and can become demagnatized.

If you would be willing to share with us the booking site shows that we have microwaves and refrigerators in all of our standard rooms that would be helpful so we an correct it and future guests do not experience the same disappointment. You can reach me at callie.cain@hilton.com or at 989-797-2220.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Seriously, when I had to goto Saginaw for work, hearing that it earned the #1 Spot for highest Crime in 2011 in the entire nation, I thought I was going to have to start on antidepressants. But the Hotel itself, the amazing Staff, and the people I interacted with on a daily basis for the next 5 and a half months really made Saginaw a Nice place to stay. There was no random crime in the area around the hotel that I ever noticed and it was far off from the crime area which made the #1 spot (which was downtown Saginaw). So my point: Do not Hesitate to stay here.

The hotel is less than a year old currently so everything has the "New" feel to it, which I really like. This hotel is probably the one which spoiled me and is making me be too picky about other hotels. I was in a Large Suite with two double beds and a Pullout bed on the Sofa (which was pleather by the way, so it had a nicer feel to it). I have no complaints at all for the room or the hotel itself. As with all hotels, you will get some noise, but I think the only time I ever had an issues with noise was if someone above me had little children who ran and jumped off beds, which was rare in the almost 6 months I was there.

The staff,(David, Keith, Casey, Susan, Amanda, etc ) well I can't say enough of how nice and friendly they are and how willing and happy they are to see you on a daily basis and to help you. I'll just say this,... ALMOST all of them are on my Facebook! :)

I think if you just drive there you will see for yourself that its one of the nicest places to stay in the entire area.

I know you will all compare the Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and Spring Hill Suites (the Four Points doesn't compare yet.. maybe after they renovate it soon). So I stayed at the Residence Inn across the street before the Hampton Inn, but one of the Rooms directly below us (at the Residence Inn) caught fire our first night there and we had to evacuate it, so I decided not to live in a hotel where my life is in danger because someone forgets to take a pot off of a burning stove late at night. Try making an emergency exit while in the shower soaked in soap and shampoo! Three fire trucks showed up and had to take care of it and we stood outside for a few hours before being let back in. The Spring Hill Suites looks artsy and the rooms are ok if you want art Deco, but the walls are paper thin and it gets hard on the eyes after a day or two.

Ok so back to the Hampton Inn:

Pros: everything I experienced there was amazing! (of course I stayed there almost 6 months).

Cons: they have spoiled me so much there that I now compare every hotel to this one. ;) No really, I have nothing bad to say about this Hotel or the People who run it.

Oh, and a Very Very Very Famous Celebrity Stayed here while I was here, which should tell you something :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellingDoctor786

Dear TravelingDoctor786:

Let me start by saying how much we miss you staying with us! Thank you for the very, very kind words and great review of our property.

It is true that the hotel is located in Saginaw Township and not within the city limits and we are very close to many retailers and restaurants.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or other member of our staff, I can be reached at callie.cain@hilton.com or 989-797-2220.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was the nicest most professionally run Hampton I have ever stayed at. Rooms large and gorgeous. Breakfast was well done and staff all had great attitudes (friendly). Well done!

Room Tip: Great location in Saginaw. Check out the antique warehouse for amazing antique deals!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Annette M:

Thank you for the great review! What a wonderful compliment to say that we are the nicest and most professionally run Hampton Inn & Suites at which you have ever stayed!

Should you need anything additional in Saginaw, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at callie.cain@hilton.com or 989-797-2220.

We hope to see you again in Saginaw!