“Amazingly comfortable & friendly!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazingly comfortable & friendly!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for the last several years when I pass through Saginaw for business & I always love my stay! I highly recommend a king bed suite with a mini kitchenette & sofa sleeper. Gym is one of the better ones that I've used for hotel standards. It's very up to date overall and clean with very friendly staff!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CynthiaHoot
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
CynthiaHoot,

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty throughout the years. We are always excited to see satisfied return guests year after year. I agree that our suites are the one of our best choices, it is nice to be able to relax on a sofa bed and put some cold beverages or leftovers in the mini-fridge. Our fitness center will be receiving a visual facelift soon with new paint, I hope you get a chance to see it on your next visit to the hotel.

Joshua White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed for one night and loved everything about this hotel. Efficient, friendly check in, and the room was beyond our expectations. We splurged on a king poolside room with a whirlpool tub out in the room. It was so nice to just open your sliding door and be out in the pool area. I was worried that there would be a lot of noise from the pool area, but we didn't hear a thing. Our tub had a bit of an issue, with the water draining out. Someone came right down to see it, and offered us another room. We didn't want to move, so they gave us a $25 discount. We eventually managed to get the tub to work, so we were very pleased. I didn't think I was ever going to get my husband out of it!
The bed was very comfortable, all the other amenities were excellent too. We didn't partake of the breakfast, since one of our favourite things about going to the USA is going to IHOP, which was practically next door. The breakfast looked very nice, though.
We have already booked our next stay at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are a decadent choice, if you like to swim or use the hottub.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tracymorrison
tracymorrison,

Thank you for choosing our award winning hotel. We are glad to here that you enjoyed your poolside Whirlpool Suite. I would like to apologize that the whirlpool had a minor issue, yet i am excited to know that our staff was able to remedy the issue in a quick and efficient manner. We take pride in ensuring all of our guests are 100% satisfied before they leave our hotel. Next time you are in Saginaw, you should really try our Pancake Machine during our free hot breakfast; it might not be as famous as an IHOP pancake, but I'm pretty sure you will enjoy them. Again, thank you for choosing the Award Winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Saginaw, we look forward to serving you again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night while in Saginaw visiting family. Walking in to the hotel it is very welcoming, front desk staff is very friendly. Being an IHG rewards member my entire check in went smoothly. Our room was perfect and had a bottle of water waiting for us. In the morning we had a great breakfast and on our way out every staff member we ran into was polite and made sure we had a great stay. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in Saginaw and we will stay here when we come back.

Room Tip: Poolside jacuzzi suite is the best room here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vera M
Vera M,
We are excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting family in the Saginaw area. Our award winning staff is proud to be as welcoming and polite as possible. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family. We enjoy our serving our guests and making our hotel your home away from home.

Kalamazoo MI
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel for work and I must say that I was very impressed. Check in was very easy, the room was very nice and spacious Check out was also no problem. The hotel was located on a strip so there was plenty to do and eat.
The only thing i would change was the breakfast. It was kind of dull.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
yardie8860,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed our award winning service. Our complimentary breakfast bar offers over 30 hot and cold items. We will be having new breakfast items being rolled out in March and we look forward to serving you again soon!
At your service
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent two weeks at this location recently and it was truly "home away from home". The staff is more than accomodating and was always there to help me with any request I had. While there for this extended time, I saw the GM working his tail off for the complete guest experience unlike any locations I have been yet this year. He was at the front desk, making breakfast, managing his personnel and even landscaping. The room I had was a suite so request one for extended stays if you need the space. The indoor pool is clean and the workout facility very nice! The breakfast is good, and the sanck shop comes in handy. My only issue was the printers were not working in the business office, but the friendly front desk team always printed out or me what I needed. The sales director worked with us on group rates as well! You will be satisifed here.

Room Tip: Make sure you leave a tip for your room attendant each day, they appreciate it more than you think!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Vikes54,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Saginaw for your extended stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your entire stay and feel accomplished that we provided the "home away from home" feel we are trying to portray. It has always been our goal to ensure every guest staying with us is treated like family and that they actually feel as if they are home while they are staying with us.

I would like to apologize for the business center printers, I appreciate the feedback on the issues we have been having with the business center printers. Since we try to accommodate all of our guests, we purchased brand new printers/copier/scanners for the business center. This should allow guests to efficiently do their work in a more professional manner. I hope you will be able to return to us and see them in action.

Again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here a few years ago for a family reunion and it was wonderful then. Since our last stay, the entire hotel has been renovated. The hotel looks brand new! The hotel has new management, new front desk people, and new housekeepers and EVERY one of them was extremely impressive! The rooms are beautifully decorated, the AC worked great, the breakfast was huge and plentiful. Overall, this was one of the best stays we had in any hotel. Top notch service. This hotel knows how to treat a guest! We had to come back to Saginaw for a funeral this time and the staff was very accommodating and helped lift our spirits during our entire stay. Thank you for making our time of need into a memorable experience!

Room Tip: If your kids are coming, we suggest a Poolside Room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Zachary W,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad you like the hotel since we had our multi-million dollar renovation. We strive to provide the utmost in guest service and I feel our staff is the best out there.

I am sorry you had to return to Saginaw for a funeral, but I am glad that we were able to make your stay as memorable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need to travel to Saginaw.

Syracuse, NY
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of HI-Expresses, but this one is surely the nicest of them all; Recent renovations, entire facility looks new, very spacious comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast area; My only complaint was our extremely squeaky ceiling with apparently a small herd of elephants up there in the middle of the night and in the wee early hours too. (Might want to check their pet policy). Evening front desk was only robotically polite and could also use a bit more polish too.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in non-busy part of hotel to help avoid upstairs room noise?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Bebrbabe,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We love hearing how much our guests enjoy the our recently renovated hotel, we love our new clean, modern feel!

We also appreciate your feedback regarding the noise level of the guests above you and our staff, we feel feedback is a gift. We apologize that this affected your stay with us, we strive to make sure every guest leaves our hotel feeling 100% satisfied with their stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you need anything additional at 989-792-7500.

Warmest Regards,