“Great Holiday Inn Express - Great Location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was working for the week in Saginaw and I stayed at this property.

I was extremely satisfied with the service and staff.

Rooms were clean, internet worked well, water pressure was great, breakfast area was clean, I was greeted as Platinum Member.

All in all it was a great trip! If I return to Saginaw this is where I will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear majones7:

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express as your lodging facilty of choice while working in Saginaw! We love to hear guests tell us that they were extremely satisfied, that is what we strive for here at this hotel.

If you do return to Saginaw, we would love to have you stay with us again! If there is anything addditional I can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me at 989-792-7500 or callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

we went to this hotel after shopping in Birch Run for a girls weekend. This was the closest hotel we could find, Good chocie. Nice pool, excellent breakfast. The front desk was very accomodating. I would definately recommend this hotel.
One thing I ask for a cot, this was miserable to sleep on, other than that no bad comments for this place.

Room Tip: Plenty of resturants on the same street as well as a mall. So if you want to get away from the rush...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear kity50:

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saginaw to host your girls weekend! Saginaw is a great location for a girls weekend with our proximity to the Premium Outlets at Birch Run, Frankenmuth as well as being surrounded by many, many retailers and within 2 blocks of the Fashion Square Mall.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and do apologize that you found the rollaway bed uncomfortable.

We hope to have your girl's weekend with us again next year! If there is anything additional I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me at callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com or 989-792-7500.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here while on a recent shopping trip to Birch Run, as all the accommodations in Birch Run and Frankenmuth were full, and would actually make the extra drive to return. Lovely newish hotel. Very clean. Stylish decor. Lovely, spacious breakfast area with excellent selection of food: fresh fruits, yoghurt, cold boiled eggs, milk, better than average scrambled eggs, sausage patties, assortment of bread, cinnamon rolls, juices, cereal, pancake machine.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear JDMitch:

Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saginaw for your stay during your shopping trip to the Premium Outlets at Birch Run. With our close proximity, it makes great sense to shop in Birch Run and stay in Saginaw due to our large number of restaurants and additional retailers located within walking distance of the hotel.

We are glad you were able to experience our "Smart Start" breakfast each morning and with all of our items, from which there is plenty to choose!

We would love to have you back with us should you decide to do more shopping in our area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you with accommodations at callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com or 989-792-7500.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently stayed one night at this hotel (my husband and myself). Was very easy to locate. When checking in the hotel clerk indicated that the hotel had recently undergone a millon (or so) dollar upgrade. The lobby was very nice and clean and fresh looking. We did not use the pool/hot tub, but did check them out and the area seemed very nice as well. I always seem to forget my bathing suit, and would have used these facillities if I had taken one). Our room was located on the 3rd floor (the hotel is only three floor high) and our room indeed seemed to have been up-dated. Very comfortable bed with duvet and 4 pillows, nice flat screen tv, dresser, desk and chair with an ottoman, and also a mini fridge in the room. I did not hear any noise from other rooms nearby. The only thing that I did notice as being a little odd, was that there was no toilet seat cover/lid. Not a big deal though. The breakfast buffet in the a.m. was very satisfying. There was milk, yogurt, coffee, tea and juices (the juice seemed to be very watery, I don't think it was working properly), scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, toast, bagels, cream cheese, muffins, fresh fruit (apples and bananas) and packaged fruit cups. There was also an interesting make your own pancake machine. which was very easy to operate. Everything you could possibly ask for and more. If you left the breakfast bar/buffet hungry, then it was definitely your own doing. I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear mcmastermom:

Thank you for your review and for pointing out our renovation that we just completed at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. All aspects of the rooms were replaced, from furniture, televisions, carpeting, wall vinyls to bathroom vanities giving the rooms an updated and modern feel to them.

Our "Smart Start" breakfast does have many choices, from fresh fruit, pastries, breakfast cereals, hot items and our own pancake maker! Our pancake maker created pancakes for you with a touch of a button so you always have fresh pancakes.

Should your travels bring you back to Saginaw, we would love to see you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. If I can be any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 989-792-7500 or callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Definitely would stay here again. Best serviced breakfast of any Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at. Bed was comfortable and no noise issues. Service was very good and I know there was a gaggle of children everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear BCDAVFAM:

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor of the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saginaw. It sounds like you were with us during one of our big weekends, we take extra precautions to ensure that breakfast will be fully stocked and that we do not run out of food when we have so many guests!

We are so pleased that you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed our comfortable beds.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should you need anything additional at callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com or 989-792-7500.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here one night after spending a week on vacation with the kids. This was a much needed night out and we were both very impressed with the cleanliness of this place and how nice it was for the price. I definitely felt as if I got a great price.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Sunshine995:

Thank you for the great review! It is true that sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation!

Our staff is really glad you chose to stay with us on your night out at our newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We are so glad you noticed how clean our hotel is, we take great pride in being clean and comfortable!

Should you need anything additional, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com or 989-792-7500.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

as always the Holiday Inn Express chain is a warm friendly clean environment - the beds were comfortable and we enjoyed our stay - there was a mix up initially at the front desk as we were given a queen bed with pull out couch rather than a king suite - hotel was full with soccer teams so few rooms were avaialble - the 1st clerk we dealt with had no clue & kept trying to convince us this was a king bed...... her shift ended (good thing) and the next clerk we dealt with was very knowledgable and found us a more suitable room within seconds - excellent! These hotels chains are all similar but its the staff that make the difference, from cleaning to desk - very important.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear margaret0077:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saginaw. We apologize for the initial confusion regarding your room type however I am glad that the next shift was able to correct the mistake.

We are glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated property and found the new beds to be very comfortable.

Should you return to Saginaw, we would love to have you back with us!

If there is anything additional we can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly at callie.cain@hiesaginaw.com or 989-792-7500.