“Great for the Business Traveler”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay at this property at least once a month for business. Check-in is quick, friendly and efficient. Restaurants and shopping are conveniently close by. My one criticism would be the quality of the in-room coffee - not good!

Room Tip: Don't ever stay near the elevator!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Ellen2004,

The entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, MI would like to thank you very much for your kind review and for your continued loyalty to our property. It means alot to us to hear that we are providing the customer service and accomodations that keeps our guests coming back. We are looking forward to your return and ofcourse if there is anything myself or any of our staff can do for you please do not hesitate to call.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently stayed here with 2 friends. The hotel is convenient to the highway which is nice. Also to shopping and food. Hotel staff was friendly. Room was clean.

Comments...
Asked for 2 double beds but only got 1 king. I arrived late so nothing else was available. Was a little cramped but we made due.
Breakfast is delicious with a large variety. I prefer the box cereal vs the canisters as I find it fresher. But was very good.
Elevator is VERY small and slow. Take the stairs!

Room Tip: Make sure you call ahead and get 2 beds if required. Also Id ask for the first floor if stairs are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

jan1015,

Thank you so much for your very nice review. I am happy to hear that our location fit both you and your friends' needs during your last visit to the Saginaw Area. It is always a good idea to call ahead of time when you know you will be staying the evening in a hotel to reserve the proper room type. In the future, please give us a call, we will do all in our power to make sure your stay is most satisfactory. It is also very good to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast, we take pride in the service we provide whether it is a smooth check in process or the quality of food provided at our breakfast. We hope that you can make it back to visit us soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a bit of a strange review because I didn't get a chance to stay at the property. I was looking forward to staying here tomorrow but had to cancel my reservation. I called the front desk to ask about the business center ahead of time and they said that only one of the three computers was working.

One of the main reasons why I booked the reservation for the hotel was so that I could get some work done without having to lug around my laptop. Unfortunately, with only one computer functioning in the business center, I couldn't take the risk that someone else might be using the only functioning computer. I'm a Club Carlson Gold member, too. :(

With all of the good reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel, I'm hopeful that I will get to try this property out in the future once they get their business center up to par.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

rikerwt,

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the opportunity to stay with us here at the Country Inn and Suites because of the recent Business Center issues we have been experiencing. I am more than happy to inform you that we have scheduled for a local tech to come out today (Monday 12-17-12) and repair the issues. Therefore our Business Center should be fully operational by the end of the day. We hope to see you here with us during your next visit to the Mid-Michigan Area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here last night courtesy of Priceline. It was a good stay--clean room, nice King size bed, nice bathroom. Very quiet, even though I was near the stairwell. There is a small fridge and microwave and of course, the coffee maker.

The breakfast this morning was better than most--eggs, sausage potatoes and bagel. Waffles and other items are available too.

The elevator is TINY! Probably only big enough for one person with luggage. it's very slow too. Fortunately, the hotel is only 2 stories, so i just took the stairs.

Really nice staff. Coffee & average tasting cookies 24 hours a day near the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Beth1961,

The entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites wants to thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. We are always happy to hear how our guests continue to enjoy themselves when staying here with us.

We hope to see you back again on your next visit to the Mid-Michigan area.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had a great experience here. They were very helpful in anything and everthing we needed. Would recommend others to stay as well. Hotel employees were great and very friendly. Great price, quiet rooms, good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

darlalv,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, MI so much. It is always nice to hear what people think about our property after staying with us. We hope to see you back again soon and will again do everything we can to make sure you stay in enjoyable.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We travel up to Saginaw for a wedding with family.. My Dad was in a wheelchair and they were very accomoditating in helping my Mom in any way to make their trip more comfortable... EVERYONE WAS WONDERFUL... From the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant staff.. Would stay here again... Would recommend this hotel.... The ONLY negative to this hotel is getting to it... The road is VERY difficult to find.... Overall a 5 start from me!!! Deb C.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Debra C,

Thank you so much for your kind review. The entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments. I am very happy to hear your visit to Saginaw for the wedding was most enjoyable. Again thank you very much for helping us spread the word about our property. If you’re ever in the area again, you know we will make sure to take care of you.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We toured your hotel on our way to Frankenmuth. WOW what a differance from a year ago while under construction; very clean, friendly staff, we were even invited to indulge in your breakfast. The breakfast girl (Lindsay I think) was astounding!! She was a very busy little one never stopping.
The hotel is very inviting especially the coziness of the lobby with the small library. Although we did not stay we toured some rooms ( thanks Daniel the Front Desk guy) and they are very clean and look very comfortible. We will definately stay the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: couples the Jacuzzi suites is a MUST !! Families the King Executive with the pull-out sofa Modest...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business