“4th of July mini family vaca...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Saginaw

SpringHill Suites Saginaw
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Owosso, Michigan, United States
“4th of July mini family vaca...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Kids, husband, and I decided at the last minute to go to Bay City for the festivities on the 4th of July. Springhill seemed to have what would best suit our family. I booked online. Upon arrival I needed to use the business center to print out the necessary documents for the special rate I was to receive, and the guest service agent was very informative and patient. He was helpful in giving info on Independence Day celebration, and gave coupons for local pizza places, which was perfect for us... what kid doesn't like pizza!! The room was clean. I called down for extra toiletries and they were delivered exactly when promised. The pool was nice, however, the hot tub was still heating the next morning, and that's when I enjoy it the most! Breakfast was really good considering it was continental. Had a good variety. The gentlemen working breakfast that morning was very hard working and courteous! He kept breakfast stocked, coffee pots full, and the general area clean! Checking out, the guest service agent was attentive and friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winston-Salem,NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel was not "cheap" and there are many in the area....it is a suite type hotel with a lounge area in the room- study type area with a partial wall, couch, desk, partial kitchen. Tons of great outlets for electronics, 1 flat screen, great divided bathroom - commode sink combo in one room and sink shower in another. Breakfast was expanded continental and was ok.
Decor was pleasant.
However, on the days of our stay the only elevator was not working properly and would false start, not "go," etc and was down right scary. Although they fixed it on day TWO, IT WAS STILL NOT GOOD.
Additionally, the hottub, really needed after our stressful tasks we were there for, did not work- just really annoying.
We stay upscale for the ammenities and when they don't work, it is irritating.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Outlanders
springhillsaginaw, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello Outlanders,
I greatly appreciate the comments in regards to you stay at SpringHill Suites. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and decor of the property. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of the elevator not working. I can understand how frustrating that can be. ThyssenKrupp Elevator has assured me it will not happen again. I would enjoy speaking with you directly about your stay. If you have a moment to contact me directly, my telephone number is 989-792-2800. Thank you again for staying with us while visiting Saginaw and I hope to hear from you soon.
Warm regards,
Nicholas H.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Springhill Suites along with several of our friends (all of us are from out of state) to attend our friends' wedding. They selected this hotel because of the shuttle service that provided a safe ride for attendees to and from the reception hall. I really appreciated this courtesy as my friends and I all indulged in quite a few beverages at the reception. The drivers (Dave is the only name I can remember) were awesome. The front staff was always very accommodating and polite. We checked in very late due to a flight delay and were still met after midnight with a smile. The bed was super comfy and the room, though laid out a little strange, was spacious and nice. The fire pit was a really relaxing space to hang out after the reception and enjoy a few more beverages. Noise may be an issue for rooms close by as some people were yelling when we checked in at midnight. Breakfast was great! The waffle maker is a little obnoxious when it's done, though. The only reason I can't give a perfect 5-star review is because one staff member yelled at us and accused us of running through the halls - which we were not. There may have been some loud stumbling, so I'll forgive this incident. She could have gone about it in a better way, however. We are all adults and did not need to be treated like children. The main reason is the elevator. It was out of order from Sunday through Monday. The hotel is only 3 stories, so this isn't too big of a deal...unless you're hauling 54 pounds of luggage up and down from the 3rd floor. I also noticed elderly people on our floor with oxygen tanks. If they were still there during this incident, I'm sure it would have presented a huge problem. Hopefully next time mechanical issues can be taken care of more rapidly...but I understand that some things, particularly on Sundays, can take some time to be fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the fire pit area as it can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I checked into my suite a little before 10 pm and requested a late check out, I was told I could be accomodated by the overnight concierge instead of him making note of my request or taking care of it he told me to make sure to call the concierge on duty in the morning. Not only did I have my bill placed outside of my room (which seemed odd considering my request) around about 1 am, (as well as the room across from mine) when I called to request a late check out for the second time in the morning I wasn't accomodated and very soon after had
housekeeping knocking on my door which further distured what was supposed to be a relaxing stay. When I asked the houskeeper for extra face towels she said she didn't have any with her and made no effort to get any. Finally when checking out there was no one at the desk after waiting for assistance we were waived off and later charged for/ and falsely accused of smoking in the room and told our house keeper had photograhic evidence of smoking but the gentlemen on the phone (Dustin I believe) was unable to specify what exactly there were pictures of. I then requested to be contacted by management regarding the additional $225 they charged me, as of yet I still havent been contacted, and have called multiple times only to be dismissed by staff. Every request I made during and after my stay went unmet or was passed down the line by staff who seemed to have no concern about resolving any of my requests or issues as a guest. Decent hotel but next time I'll take my business to Bay City the customer service at the Double Tree is worth staying away from Saginaw when seeking accomodations in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in Saginaw since all hotels in Frankenmuth were taken for Memorial Day weekend. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. We tried the breakfast, but opted to go elsewhere since it was a little lackluster. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Traveling quite a bit and being a platinum Marriott rewards member, I wasn't expecting the Springhill to impress. I was dead wrong. This is obviously a new property and very well done. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable, and the decor fresh. Of the three Marriott properties side by side, choose this one!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

After a long travel day with delays at ORD, I finally made it to my destination for two days of business meetings. After a long day of meetings, this was such a clean, spacious and relaxing oasis. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, fresh and nicely decorated. There was a nice desk to work at. A good size TV. Comfortable beds. Good wifi connection! Even a microwave, coffee/tea maker and fridge. it was a wonderfully pleasant stay even though it poured rain during most of my visit. Very quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business