“Absolutely terrible”

Elm Farm Country House
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The people are rude! Don't feel your safe. The whole experience terrible. Would never go there again in my life. They should not be in business with the public. Not accommodating. Food awful, locals don't like people that come there.

• Stayed: November 2013
9  Thank Ashtonleo
356manager, Manager at Elm Farm Country House, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your review, all feedback is used to continually improve the service we offer. Unfortunately i see that your experience was not a pleasurable one. I have looked into the date you stayed and i have found the reason why. At the time of your stay there had been a very sad occasion in our village , as we are a very close community it affected us all, a very close friend and well respected member of the village suddenly passed away the week earlier. I do understand that this shouldnt impact onto your stay, but it was a very hard time for both staff and local customers alike, it was such a shock for everyone. Her wake was hosted at Elm farm and over 300 people attended to pay their respects. I do hope that you will give Elm Farm another chance sometime in the future so that you can see it with a different view. our staff work very hard to ensure every customer feels welcome and that we have a friendly home from home atmosphere which im sure is reflected in other reviews. On your next stay please make yourself known to me and we will offer you a complementary upgrade for the duration of your stay.

There are newer reviews for Elm Farm Country House

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Functional little property with rooms in the main building and a off building. We stayed in the out house which was spacious, clean and warm. Main building offers a bar and restaurant area serving traditional pub food. Accommodating to little ones too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alex M
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The first impression was of a homely place which was very peaceful and quiet. Lots of parking space and the rooms were very comfortable and well kitted. The bar was nice and quiet with the staff being very attentive. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and one could tell that a trained chef was on board. The starter of king prawns came with sweet chilli dip and salad with tasty dressing(mustard with vinegar). I had to ask about the dressing. The buffet breakfast was a peaceful affair in a room with a nice view. Full English breakfast with cereals was available and the lovely coffee was served in a cafetier. The only negative was that the bathroom smelt of damp. If ever we visited Norwich again we would not hesitate to stay there. Norwich airport is nearby and I enjoyed my chat with the co-owner about aviation. It seems he worked there as an aircraft mechanic for 34yrs. The decor in the bar could be made more interesting by putting up aircraft parts(props,engine blades etc) to reflect the aviation history of the place. The entrance could be much better lit as we drove right past it first time.

Room Tip: Room 5 was good for a couple
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Allan P
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Absolutely terrible – I had a horrible three night stay here.

1) They had great problems providing my breakfast.
2) I found a mucky footprint on my pillow.
3) The cleaners left my ground floor room windows open all day with all of my belongings in the room and it was freezing when I returned.
4) The curtain rail fell down and I was promised it would be fixed the next day and it was not.
5) Finally, the manager was rude and made-up ridiculous excuses rather than apologising.

Needless to say I will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank 793KathA
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here in August on a three night Groupon deal including breakfast and evening meal, we stayed in one of the outbuildings our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast and the evening meals were very good with quick service, the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janroco
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed for 3 nights and were in the honeymoon suite (which is a barn conversion - full of character). The room surpassed all our expectations, very spacious and clean. The flat screen was a lovely treat. Steve really enhanced our trip; friendly, warm and always on hand for tips and suggestions. Steve makes a mean sunny side up egg - just delicious! Breakfast and dinner were good, hubby enjoyed the ales. Highly relaxed and pleasurable stay and if ever we're out that way again we will be sure to stay at the Elm Farm.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bambion
Reviewed November 21, 2013

2 night break on Groupon which made it very good value (didn't look at the general tariff so can't comment on that). The hotel is in a good location in a pretty village 5 mins outside the Norwich ring road, off the Cromer road. So it's a good spot for visiting Norwich and the coast. The room (in outbuilding) was large and nice and warm with plenty of hot water, but rather basic.
Very friendly staff, but I agree with others that the bar could do with updating. We ate in both evenings, the food was good pub grub, not fine dining, but the TV was on really loud in the bar so there was no real atmosphere to the restaurant bit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunston Hall
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Holy Cross
Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich

Been to Elm Farm Country House? Share your experiences!