“2 nights stay with a wowcher deal”

Elm Farm Country House
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The first impression was of a homely place which was very peaceful and quiet. Lots of parking space and the rooms were very comfortable and well kitted. The bar was nice and quiet with the staff being very attentive. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and one could tell that a trained chef was on board. The starter of king prawns came with sweet chilli dip and salad with tasty dressing(mustard with vinegar). I had to ask about the dressing. The buffet breakfast was a peaceful affair in a room with a nice view. Full English breakfast with cereals was available and the lovely coffee was served in a cafetier. The only negative was that the bathroom smelt of damp. If ever we visited Norwich again we would not hesitate to stay there. Norwich airport is nearby and I enjoyed my chat with the co-owner about aviation. It seems he worked there as an aircraft mechanic for 34yrs. The decor in the bar could be made more interesting by putting up aircraft parts(props,engine blades etc) to reflect the aviation history of the place. The entrance could be much better lit as we drove right past it first time.

Room Tip: Room 5 was good for a couple
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Allan P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Absolutely terrible – I had a horrible three night stay here.

1) They had great problems providing my breakfast.
2) I found a mucky footprint on my pillow.
3) The cleaners left my ground floor room windows open all day with all of my belongings in the room and it was freezing when I returned.
4) The curtain rail fell down and I was promised it would be fixed the next day and it was not.
5) Finally, the manager was rude and made-up ridiculous excuses rather than apologising.

Needless to say I will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank 793KathA
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here in August on a three night Groupon deal including breakfast and evening meal, we stayed in one of the outbuildings our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast and the evening meals were very good with quick service, the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janroco
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed for 3 nights and were in the honeymoon suite (which is a barn conversion - full of character). The room surpassed all our expectations, very spacious and clean. The flat screen was a lovely treat. Steve really enhanced our trip; friendly, warm and always on hand for tips and suggestions. Steve makes a mean sunny side up egg - just delicious! Breakfast and dinner were good, hubby enjoyed the ales. Highly relaxed and pleasurable stay and if ever we're out that way again we will be sure to stay at the Elm Farm.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bambion
Reviewed November 21, 2013

2 night break on Groupon which made it very good value (didn't look at the general tariff so can't comment on that). The hotel is in a good location in a pretty village 5 mins outside the Norwich ring road, off the Cromer road. So it's a good spot for visiting Norwich and the coast. The room (in outbuilding) was large and nice and warm with plenty of hot water, but rather basic.
Very friendly staff, but I agree with others that the bar could do with updating. We ate in both evenings, the food was good pub grub, not fine dining, but the TV was on really loud in the bar so there was no real atmosphere to the restaurant bit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colin B
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and had my wedding here, Steve and his staff were amazing and nothing was to much trouble. We were all made too feel welcome and would highly recommend elm farm as a wedding venue. All my guests enjoyed there stay and commented on the service provided by steve and how they enjoyed their stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 31Annie
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a great time at my sisters wedding held here. Would recommend it for a wedding venue. Stayed the night before. lovely rooms. Staff very helpful. Really made my sisters day extra special. We where all made to feel important and part of the place.x

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
Church Farm Guesthouse
Church Farm Guesthouse
#1 of 2 in Horsford

Been to Elm Farm Country House? Share your experiences!