“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I moved here from California so I am pretty picky about Mexican food. I found it passable, but barely . There were peas and carrots in the rice!! The taste was nice, though not authentic.

The reason my review is so high is because the atmosphere is awesome! It's fun, well-decorated, vibrant, lively. I LOVED the drinks; we got a margarita special that came with three sampler flavors of margarita. Love it!

Our server was just okay, she didn't put much effort into it, but she was passable (like the food.) Timing was great, though, as were the overflowing free bowls of chips and salsa.

We'll probably go again just for the fun atmosphere. If we can find something we really like on the menu, this could be one of our regular places.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

On Friday we visited the Monterrey Cantina, for a late lunch after a walk at the zoo. The service was fabulous, the fish tacos were the best we have ever had and the portions were huge. We actually asked for a box and took the extra fish tacos home for lunch the next day. We were looking for a non meat option for lent and this was perfect. Clean resturant and bathrooms. I great way to end a nice day at the zoo, with friendly staff.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have eaten here (dragged by friends) some 4-5 times and every time I have eaten have never had a good meal. I am fairly sure the cook never tries his own crap he serves to the public. I do like their Frozen Strawberry Margaritas at least, nothing else good about the place.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

bMexican restaurants by the chile rellenos and margaritas - only the latter stand out. The enchiladas are unexciting, as well.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in RO for 20yrs and every time I come here I leave unsatisfied. The chips for the salsa are flaky/unauthentic, the margaritas are expensive, and the food is not real mexican. More like cafeteria food. The only decent plate are the fajitas.
El Diablo down the street is decent TexMex, but I cannot find any real good Mexican in Oakland County.