“A Great Mexican Resturant”
Review of Monterrey Cantina - CLOSED

Monterrey Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 3, 2013

On Friday we visited the Monterrey Cantina, for a late lunch after a walk at the zoo. The service was fabulous, the fish tacos were the best we have ever had and the portions were huge. We actually asked for a box and took the extra fish tacos home for lunch the next day. We were looking for a non meat option for lent and this was perfect. Clean resturant and bathrooms. I great way to end a nice day at the zoo, with friendly staff.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have eaten here (dragged by friends) some 4-5 times and every time I have eaten have never had a good meal. I am fairly sure the cook never tries his own crap he serves to the public. I do like their Frozen Strawberry Margaritas at least, nothing else good about the place.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

bMexican restaurants by the chile rellenos and margaritas - only the latter stand out. The enchiladas are unexciting, as well.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in RO for 20yrs and every time I come here I leave unsatisfied. The chips for the salsa are flaky/unauthentic, the margaritas are expensive, and the food is not real mexican. More like cafeteria food. The only decent plate are the fajitas.
El Diablo down the street is decent TexMex, but I cannot find any real good Mexican in Oakland County.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The six of us ate dinner before the Warren Miller show. The margaritas are great, by the pitcher best yet. The chips and salsa continued to arrive. The fish tacos were great. The burritos, and chimichungas were the best. The meal was great as was the service.