“Avoid this please - see other reviews as well”

Ahan Thai Incorporated
Order Online
Ranked #103 of 234 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I'll let you decide if you want to go here after this review.

I ordered food from there tonight. They delivered my order wrong (was a small, simple order). They gave me shrimp instead of chicken. I'm allergic to shrimp so lucky I caught it. I called back and complained and she sounded less than sympathetic. A few minutes went by and she called me back accusing me of lying. She said the cooks said they were out of shrimp. Interesting. See my attached image of the shrimp. So after I offered to drive up there and show her she said no and she would refund my $12 (only half my meal). I explained to her that if she would have refunded my order being the inconvenience she caused and rudeness she displayed, I would have probably came back and tried it again. She responded with something to the tune of "people like you aren't welcome there". Literally. I was shocked.

So because I'm also fair I'll leave an honest review on what my wife ate. She said it was "meh" at best. Pad Thai was borderline nasty but she was starving. Other area places are better. I didn't eat any of the food so I can't personally comment on it.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed December 29, 2016

As an Asian and a food snob especially with thai food....I give this a two thumbs up. I had a Thai chef roommate who specializes in provincial Thai cooking so I know what real Thai food consists of...This place levels up to my palate....Give it a try and I assure you...youll be back.. With the great service GREAT value and the portions! I will bet....you will be back....

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Ahan Thai is a great spot for Thai food in Royal Oak, with parking close by. The portions are as large as you would expect from an authentic Thai restaurant, and everything is very tasty. My only complaint would be how small the place is! It would be great to have larger tables for larger parties. My most recent visit was with 6 people, so we had to sit at separate tables. Still, it is still worth checking out!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I got a takeout and special ordered a vegetarian pad Thai requesting, instead of meat or soy, extra veggies and scallions. I got almost nothing but noodles. Even LESS veggies than if I had ordered the dish with meat. Disappointed. That said, it was tasty.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

I'm from northern Michigan and I spend weeks craving Ahan Thai's pad see ew. Take out is always speedy and you get a large portion. Don't miss out.

Date of visit: July 2016