“Greek Pastry only Please”

Astoria Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Royal Oak
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I walked in my eyes lit up and my expectations went through the roof that I found a really good pastry shop in Michigan. It was not to be.
I have to admit the looks of the goodies fooled me
All the Italian look alike pastry that I tried left me longing for little Italy in NYC.
However all the Greek parties were out of the world good!
It hit me at that point that's why it's called Astoria Pastry, of course Astoria Queens in NY....a Greek community.
So if you want very plain Italian pastries have at it, if you want truly great Greek pastries that's their specialty you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Everything I've tried, and I've tried many items... they are all very good. If you would like to bring home something impressive, and tasty, this is the place to find it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped in on a whim while in Royal Oak. They had so many treats and they all looked amazing. My husband tried a cannoli and a macaroon, both of which he thought were delicious, and our child loved his mint chip ice cream, but that's where the love affair ended. The tiramisu was made of cake instead of ladyfingers, the filling may as well have just been frosting, and there was only the merest hint of coffee. My husband was disappointed in their big chocolate chip cookie; he felt it was bland. Last was the rum ball - it was bigger than a golf ball and looked oh-so-good in the display case and I just had to have one. Unfortunately, it was flavorless and somewhat dry, with no rum to speak of whatsoever. I expected a lot better considering the reviews. Too bad.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just step into Astoria and you will find a little or a lot of something for your begging sweet tooth.. As an annual birthday treat, I like to take home an individual tiramisu case, perfectly moist with balanced sweetness and coffee. During a day shopping this is the perfect place to pick up a macaroon, or coffee accompaniment. Five stars for presentation, selection, & service. Unfortunately the limited seating and average coffee (grab yours @Caribou then stroll over) contributes to the 4star rating.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Whenever we are in Royal Oak or Greektown, it is hard to resist a stop here after dinner.

The Tiger Tails are my favorite, a unique spin on cannoli. Take a few visits and find your favorite thing. I would recommend the carrot cake, many varieties of cheesecake, or any of the baklava-based items.