All reviews motor lodge music theater tiled bathroom close to downtown front office room was clean shower head farmers market walking distance restaurants and bars c unit awesome hotel enjoyed our stay would stay again mini fridge free breakfast village grill
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2016

I spent 4really bad nights at the hotel royal oak. Rooms were never really clean. it took forever to get the hot water. I wash my hands with cold water for 4 days. There was a consistent buzz in my room for 4days and nights. But the worse part was the bang that happen often and woke me in the middle of the night. I told the staff they said it was the furnes. I could be warm and have the noise or be cold and no noise. I thought they might discount my room because I went 4 nights with little sleep but they didn't seem to care about my concerns.

Room tip: No good room in winter
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Allan O
Eddie M, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2016

Mr. Olson,

I'm very sorry that your experience here at Hotel Royal Oak was not one that was enjoyable or indicative of our property. I've forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments. I've also refunded two nights of your stay. Our team is dedicated to 100% Guest satisfaction and I'm sorry that we fell short. I will review this with our Guest Service Team so they may improve in how they handle these situations in the future. Again, please accept my apology on behalf of the entire team of Hotel Royal Oak and we do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

We had high expectations after reading so many great reviews about the remodel of the hotel. We were not so impressed. The bathroom remodel consisted of a new farmhouse style sink that leaves absolutely no counter space except the top of the toilet. Very unfunctional and uncomfortable. The rest of the bathroom was still in need of attention. Kind of gross. Consequently we skipped our morning showers and drove home. We would not stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwryan
Eddie M, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

We're very sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. I've forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping Team Leader so they may continue to improve service for our Guests. We strived for a unique feel to our renovation of this classic Motor Lodge and we're sorry we missed the mark in your expectations. Your feedback is important to me and my team. We are looking into additional shelving options for our bathrooms to accommodate the needs of our Guests. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

We were celebrating a birthday and wanted to be walkable to royal oak. Hotel Royal Oak is cute, clean, friendly, and affordable. The location is great and the staff was awesome. Will stay there again. :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele Z
Eddie M, Owner at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2016

Thank you very much Michele! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

The decor is really nice and the staff was incredibly friendly. It was so modern and unique, we really enjoyed our stay. They are still remodeling so early in the morning there was some noise from the construction workers but besides that we thought the hotel was cool. It's going to just get better as time goes on and it's really affordable. It's also great walking distance to downtown Royal Oak

Room tip: Affordable and centrally located
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much Jillian! Construction has finally wrapped up around this place, so no more early morning wake-ups (my apologies for that, btw.)

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay. Our room was newly remodeled. It was an Art Deco style. The toiletries were of good quality and the bed was nice. I liked the shower head. Upon arrival I was not happy with our room because it was close to construction. Amy the hotel attendant was very sweet and kindly gave me a different room away from the construction. I would suggest a small fridge for the rooms and a continental breakfast would help also. We were able to eat breakfast at the Grecian house. Very close to a lot of restaurants. I would definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eddie M, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback! We've passed along your kudos to Amy and we've also added a complimentary continental breakfast that is hosted at our partner restaurant "Village Grill" next door. We look forward to your next stay with us!