“Needs Help”
Review of Andiamo Royal Oak

Andiamo Royal Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo Royal Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 207 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Description: Located on Main Street in the heart of Royal Oak's restaurant district, this popular location has the locals licking their chops. Many of the classic Andiamo menu items plus a few surprise specialties make this a dining experience you won't want to miss. Centrally located, this restaurant is convenient for business lunches.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I should have checked the reviews prior to choosing the restaraunt. Bottom of the bunch in Royal Oak. Now I know why. I started with the Autumn Spinich Salad. Nothing special. The walnuts were not candied as stated on the menu. The waitress forgot the goat cheese fritters and brought them out when I was nearly finished. My entree was Linguine Capricciosa. It looked good, but the taste was not there. The italian sausage it came with looked more like ground up hamburger and was tastless. No julcy slices or chunks of sausage here. The pasta was clumped together and need to be cut. Ah...but no knife. They never replaced it and I had to use my spoon to cut it. They also was no garlic sauce. Just a few slices of garlic. The soup and salad that come with the entree never arrived. Had to ask for it as a carry-out as we left. Not what I expected from Andiamo's. This location seems to need help in service and food preparation. Not sure I will give it a 2nd chance.

1  Thank Romeo6

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Small, uncomfortable, over priced location. This is a chain restaurant, and this is the worst one around for sure. Also, you also MUST pay to park. NOT child friendly, I would not recommend.

1  Thank Canatrice A
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hostesses were not pleasant, we were turned away in cold weather with our 15 mo old at the door 18 min prior to our reservation saying they were not open but patrons were sitting in the window. We did not receive our MG points due to system down, nor a hello, goodbye or Happy Easter by the ladies up front. Russell our server and an older gentleman were the only good customer service we received but not enough to warrant a return. I conveyed this terrible visit the GM via email and she has yet to respond.

2  Thank Nissa88
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I really hate to write this review because this used to be one of our favorite places to eat. The atmosphere is nice, and the food is really good but the service has disappeared. We ate there in October, 2011. Service was horrible, but we chalked it up to the obvious under-staffing. Went back in December, 2011 and it took 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order, 20 more before they brought our wine (the cellar just isn’t THAT far), 30 minutes after that before the salad arrived, immediately followed by our meal. No check-up after that (some more bread would have been nice). We never saw the server again until I asked for the manager at the hostess desk and told her we really needed our bill so we could leave as we had been there almost two hours.

My sister and hubby went there last week and the manager was chewing out the staff in front of all the customers.

I just don’t need that. Sorry Andiamo, there are lots of places to eat in Royal Oak, you are off our list.

1  Thank ams92
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've gone to this location before and never had a problem, but after today, they not only lost a customer, they created someone who will advise everyone they know to NOT eat there.
We ordered take-out this afternoon, three meals. One fettucine alfredo, one Valdostana, and one shrimp pasta with two salads and one soup. They made a mistake when charging us for two fettucine alfredos instead of one, which, after I showed it to the waitress, it was corrected.
One mistake we made was not checking the food before leaving, but alas, we waited so long for it and were starving.
We got home and discovered that we were missing the fettucine alfredo and one of the salads. We split one of the meals. not wanting to drive all the way back to the restaurant. When things like this happen, the restaurant, from small chain fast food shops to the priciest restaurants, give great customer service. They either give you the food or the money back, whichever you prefer. This place not so much.
I explained the missing meal to one of the managers who answered the phone, a female, who then got the male manager on the phone, who proceeded to speak to me in a condensing tone, insisting we only ordered two meals, not three.
I told him I was willing to bring the receipt back up to the restaurant to show him it was three meals, but he was insistent that we were wrong.
I would think in this economy a manager wouldn't talk in that manner to a customer, but hey, maybe Andiamo's can afford to lose a customer or two.

1  Thank michigansunsets