“BEST sushi in Royal Oak”

Little Tree Sushi Bar
Ranked #48 of 201 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“BEST sushi in Royal Oak”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hands down the best sushi in Royal Oak and the surrounding areas. Extremely fresh, great roll combinations, and a varied menu for those who may want something else. Bar menu has some great saki martinis and on girls nights we always have our favorite, the Sunrise Sakitini, with our sushi platter. Staff is very knowledgeable about the menu as well and does really well with the "what is your favorite?" question when we need something else to add to our order :)

• Visited March 2013

Detroit, MI
“Enjoy an Excellent Mix and Match in Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Little Tree is a sushi bar indeed, but also provides an intriguing fusion of Japanese, Thai and Philippino cuisine.
The restaurant is popular, and has a nice bar in the front of the restaurant where waiting can be a pleasurable observing of all that is going on in the street outside through the panoramic window. You can sit at the sushi bar or at tables and booths. The tables are fairly well packed in, so be prepared to knock elbows with a neighboring table...
Usually, I enjoy the fresh and excellent sushi. This time, however, I had a Philippino Sinigang sour soup and a Pad Prik red curry with seafood. My companion had a large salad with a spicy grilled chicken, which she very much enjoyed. The soup was excellent, with a tangy background. The curry had a sauce which was thicker than I prefer, and was also not very hot. It came as a "medium," but I like it much hotter. Adding more curry sauce helped, butI didn't gte to the spice level I was looking for, and the flavors were taken in a different direction.
The service was friendly and supportive, as usual. Even though disappointed this time by my curry, I recommend this restaurant for some fun experimentation in fusion food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank another_traveler0104
“Great sushi, amazing beer.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The best sushi in Royal Oak. Little tree always has great service and amazing food. The gyoza is excellent and so is all of their sushi.

Clinton Township, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Sushi”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We got 4 different types of sushi as well as the bean things as an appetizer... All were outstanding. Sitting at the bar and watching them roll the sushi was cool too... Definitely the best sushi I've had so far... Very flavorful and nicely rolled...very fresh tasting. We didnt get crazy and stuck to California rolls and shrimp tempora rolls and a king crab (not krab) roll... As well as an avocado and cucumber roll. The ginger was tastes. We all avoided the wasabi. I also like liked whatever soy sauce the provided... Not crazy salty but nice (not overwhelming) flavor. Would definitely go back... A little more expensive than other sushi places I've been to by $1 or so.. But yummy and woth it.

• Visited February 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“A very homey sushi restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Little Tree is always good - slightly pricey and a very young crowd. My husband and I used to feel as though we were the oldest folks there!