“Funky Mad Men atmosphere”
Review of Red Coat Tavern

Red Coat Tavern
Ranked #1 of 207 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had a late lunch, so didn't have to wait, which I hear can be long. Good burgers, although you'd think doing such a large burger business, they could get the temperature correct. My MR burger was more MW. Lots of great burger topping choices to make it your own. Extensive beer selection, which my brother & husband loved. Save room for the Sander's hot fudge cream puff for dessert!

Loved the dark atmosphere & funky Mad Men decor. You really feel like you've been taken back to another era. Booths seem small, so if you need more space, I would go with a table.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place is the best. The burgers are so good with a huge selections of toppings and add ons that you can always put a twist on a burger. Great to just grab a beer and a burger, settle in and really enjoy your meal. The service was less than stellar on this visit, the waitress was a bit too impressed with herself but that's OK, we were there for the food, not her...lol It wasn't that the service was bad, it just wasn't as friendly as usual. We were able to get in without a long wait, a miracle on a weekend night!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Dark. Cozy fireplace. Secluded booths. Any kind of beer served up by the quintessential bartender. These are the best burgers ever. Great onion rings ans coleslaw too.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Although I despise waiting, this is a burger I will wait for. The food is always fantastic, the service friendly. One of my favorites!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Often there is a wait to get a table for dinner. I try to get there earlier or I sit at the bar. The burgers are the best! They have Guinness on tap and that will often be my beverage of choice when having drinks with dinner. The bartenders are friendly and on the ball. I recommend this place to out of towners looking to experience the Royal Oak scene