“Great Breakfast for a Reasonable Price”
Review of The Royal Diner

The Royal Diner
Ranked #95 of 199 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Hannover, Germany
“Great Breakfast for a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The perfect little diner. Small, nothing fancy, but tidy and accommodating with delicious, cheap breakfast food and attentive service. My mom and I came here for breakfast on a weekday in July 2014. Breakfast for two, plus two extra sides and two coffees, was $18.

We got the sweet cream pancakes with scrambled eggs and "Pete's french toast" with bacon. The french toast had a delicious cinnamon sugar coating; I would recommend it over the pancakes, but both were very good. The scrambled eggs were really great- a lot of diners tend to overcook their scrambled eggs, but these were soft and moist. If you prefer drier hard-scrambed eggs, you might want to specify. The bacon was of good quality, thick and tasty.

The service was perhaps the best part. Our server was friendly, attentive, and conversational, but not nosy or over the top, and our food came out quickly.

I definitely recommend this place for a good breakfast for a reasonable price!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Madsalot

Royal Oak, Michigan
“We come here frequently for breakfast / lunch.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Seats about 50 with 4 counter seats. Open weekends from 7AM to 3PM, (which is nice for the staff). Nina and Val are the servers...they've been there a long time and are very friendly. Same for the week day crew, Lena and Lucy. Closes at 8 PM on week days.
Standard breakfast menu similar to what you would get anywhere else...but the hashed browns are the best I have ever tasted. I think they cook them in butter. And you get such a large portion, I always ask for a half order.
I hate salads, but my wife makes me eat them because they are supposed to be good for you? And this restaurant has a Butcher Block salad which is excellent. It is made with generous portions of real ham and turkey, (not lunch meat), cheese, a hard boiled egg and pita bread. The salad is huge and the restaurant will let us split an order with no additional charge. Cost $10.00 for the salad plus coffee, tax and tip.

Old TOm

• Visited June 2014
Cancun, Mexico
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I just had a phenomenal homestyle meal at this little quaint diner.
The service was so friendly that they make you feel like you've been a long time friend coming there.
The coffee is hot the food is great and the service will keep you coming back. I really recommend this to all my trip advisor buddies out there.

Milford, Michigan
“Greek salads - perfection!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you enjoy a family run restaurant with fresh food you will like this one. Breakfast and lunch at a reasonable price. The greek salad and "pink" dressing is great.

• Visited July 2013
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
“Great little diner - worth the stop”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had the chance to eat here for the first time after passing this place for year. We are glad we stopped. We stopped in on a Sunday late morning for breakfast/lunch and were happy we did. Reasonable prices and large portions. The food was very fresh and served with a smile. I also notices that the workers here moved... did not stand around and kept busy.

• Visited January 2012