“Nice Birthday Dinner!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

My daughter decided to have her birthday dinner at Lockhart BBQ in Royal Oak this year. They had a nice table for 12 people set up right in front of the restaurant. The waitress was very nice and attentive to us. For starters they have a mason jar full of pickled vegetables like carrots, onions and pickles on the table. It was very good. We also enjoyed some fried green beans with a aioli sauce. The smoked chicken wings were good, I wished they were a little more tender and the BBQ sauce that came with them was very hot and spicy. My son ordered the kids ribs with fries. I ordered the three sides for $11 which included Macaroni and Cheese, Greens and Baked beans with a Cornbread. The macaroni and cheese was a little bland it needed more salt and pepper or paprika but the crumbs on top was good. The greens were perfect. They were not your traditional greens, they were sauteed in onions, red peppers and bacon with a sweet sauce. Yummy! The baked beans were dry, they could have been a little better not so mushy. My family enjoyed the atmosphere and it wasn't too busy. It was very clean.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I like Dickey’s bbq better in ferndale. The pulled pork and beef brisket is the best. Beef brisket is very fatty at Lockhart’s.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch there for four people.. one of the guys had two fish and chips catfish he said it was great I had pulled Barbecue.. the other guy had a Philly steak and cheese sub. And the other guy had a slab of ribs to go. Everything was super the food was hot there was two other customers there. We're definitely going back for lunch

Reviewed May 1, 2018

We had the Burnt Ends (everyone's favorite), fried green beans (very light batter, like tempura, and a great aioli to dip in), brisket, ribs, sirloin salad and nachos. Awesome taste all around and large portions. Very friendly and rapid service. You can sample beers before you buy one, and they had 10-15 listed on the chalkboard.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Service was poor, and the quality was poor. Pricy place to not be satisfied with. The last several trips over the past year have all been subpar. My guest( who wanted to try it) will not be back either.

Stephanie A, Owner at Lockhart's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Hello, I am so sorry to see that you were so displeased with the food and service provided to you. All staff members are trained to be as professional, efficient, and welcoming as possible, and greatly apologize that it did not come across that way to you. We do encourage all guests to express all food concerns to their server while still dining, as we would be happy to accommodate where we see fit! We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!