“parking downtown Royal Oak a problem”
Review of Emagine Theater

Emagine Theater
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Royal Oak
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The theater itself is plush, comfy and modern. Brand new, in fact. Parking can be accommodated by getting a punched ticket from the theater but that does not include all parking places. The approved spots are not clearly marked.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went to see Man of Steel (which turned out to be very good), but had to watch it in pieces. The movie stopped several times, and had to be restarted, and during the movie, we watched sections through a red film. We were offered our money back and passes for out trouble. When the movie ended, we were only given our money back. So I guess I cannot truly complain, I did get to see the movie for free, but I felt like I watched a bootleg copy that last almost 3 hours.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was at a private party in January and had a wonderful experience (other than finding a parking place). Then we returned to watch a movie and had no choice but to pay $7 for valet parking. We waited 10 minutes to buy a ticket. The lobby was a zoo. Once in the theater, it was fine. Seats were very comfortable. I am not sure I will return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've attended this movie theatre twice now with a social group and have enjoyed the clean and comfortable theaters. Staff is friendly and they also have a bowling alley and small food/bar area in addition to the usual concessions. Be careful of where you park, even on Sunday as the parking lots right at the theatre are pay any day versus street and other parking that is free on Sundays. We had dinner afterward as there are a number of eateries to enjoy.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like going to this location in the morning when everyone is at work or in school. Emagine can get crowded on premiere nights. they assign seats, witch helps with not having to get to the theater 3 hours early to get a good one. there are several different seating levels that you can buy. i don't like sitting at the top or the very front so the regular priced seat work best for me.

there is a full bar and a place to get food. this location also has a 10 lane bowling ally.