“Rich food at decent prices”

BlackFinn American Saloon
Ranked #104 of 205 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: BlackFinn American Saloon is a modern day adaptation of a "big-city" saloon, with the welcoming charm and friendly faces found in the traditional neighborhood tavern of yesteryear. BlackFinn offers upscale-casual American fare with a contemporary interpretation of beloved classic cuisine for both lunch and dinner. With nine locations throughout the nation, BlackFinn is renowned for both its delicious fare and its inviting, lively atmosphere every day of the week. Whether it's time to share an appetizer or quick drink with friends, savor a mouth-watering meal, host a private party, enjoy some cocktails and music in the late-night scene or root for your favorite team on game day, anytime is a great time to visit your neighborhood BlackFinn.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went there to have a late lunch and to celebrate an anniversary. Since we went later in the afternoon, it wasn't crowded. The hostess was pleasant and asked if we wanted a tall table or a booth (nice options). We were quickly seated and Justin our waiter was over in a heartbeat asking us about drinks, appetizers and the like. We had the bacon meatloaf and their supposed signature blackened chicken over mac & cheese. Both of which was pretty tasty. I'd highly suggest the mashed sweet potatoes; amazingly sweet and just the right consistency. The chicken was a tad bit over seasoned though and I thought the portion of mac & cheese underneath was a tad tiny and quite runny. The meatloaf was unique and had some good flavor. Both of the meals were super rich and quite filling.

The atmosphere is that of a lesser apportioned "Cheers" but quite comfortable. The television at our table was a tad annoying though; it had obviously been dinged up by previous customers and the replacement TV didn't fit the slot too well. The booths were quite spacious and on warmer summer days, the outdoor seating would've been nice.

Not a bad value for the food and we'll be back to try this place again. Don't come here to this place if you want wimpy or bland food; everything seems to have some kick and that's not a bad thing.

1  Thank Smogboy315
There are newer reviews for BlackFinn American Saloon

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Had crab cake sliders and glass of Chardonnay on a recent lunchtime visit to Royal Oak. Crab cakes were delicious and wine was a healthy pour. Server never stopped by to see if I needed anything after delivering lunch, but that was a small price to pay for delicious crab cakes. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Friday night, really busy, fun crowd. Had the crab cake sandwich, very good.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

It's a trendy spot tot go. food not great. always a line at the door. expensive drinks

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I will say that this kind of environment is not for me. It's very meat market /clubbing type atmosphere. Wide age range here for lunch, dinner, and drinks. They do have a nice facility in the back though if you need to reserve a room. The food has always been good, the drinks fine, service okay (one waitress relentlessly hit on my friends fiance to the point we just left). But it is more of a trendy hot spot for looking at men / women. All my single, bar loving friends love going there, but I'm not so much into it.

I had a really good spinach salad the last time I was there.