I took my son and mother to the waterpark on 09/2013 (after school had begun) thinking the resort would have less trafic and be more enjoyable. I decided NOT to stay overnight at the resort because of the cost and I'm soooo glad I didn't stay. I initially wanted to stay because of the waterpark package and the other 2 places ( JJ Ranch and Back Forty). The website advertised lots of Daily Activities especially at Back Forty. I was really excited for my son.
-Well. . . . waterpark is not worth the $25 adult and $20 child.
-Back Forty was a complete GHOST TOWN. We went in afternoon when schedule said there would be activities. Stores were closed and info center had no one to assist us. My poor son (7 yrs) was so disappointed/he said it was a ghost town and we should leave.
- I had asked at waterpark front desk and previously thru phone call about activities and other locations that Double J offered, SOMEONE should have been kind enough to tell me they were closed and had no activities
*Overall my son enjoyed 1 warm pool at the waterpark(other parts too cold) and that was it.
Maybe during high season in summer months this place is different.
Will not be returning :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Double JJ Resort is one of Michigan's best kept secrets! Come explore miles of scenic trails on horseback, perfect for riders of any skill level and age. Experience the thrill of our Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, housing Michigan's tallest indoor waterslide, a wave pool, and plenty of play areas. Camping is no longer a thing of the past here at the Double JJ! You can gather around a campfire with your family and friends and tell stories of the past or tales to please everyone. Don't forget to bring your golf clubs and play on our world championship Thoroughbred Golf Club course, where the lush greens meet the fresh water. Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest, the Thoroughbred's stunning, wooded layout offers enough challenge to keep you coming back time & time again. Combined with resort activities such as summer rodeos, outdoor sports, and waterparks, the Double JJ has the perfect mix of activities to entertain anyone who visits. Escape from your everyday life into the laid-back lifestyle of the Double JJ Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotel.de so you can book your Double JJ Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Double Jj Ranch And Golf Resort
- Double Jj Ranch & Golf Hotel Rothbury
- Double Jj Hotel
- Double Jj Rothbury
- Double JJ Resort Michigan/Rothbury