I took my family for the day over Spring Break. From the check-in line to get your pass the park looks nice but after we got into the water I could have left.(Try telling the kids we are now going to leave after 5 min.) The sides of all the pools have a nasty scum line and the sand build up in the hot tub and b-ball pool makes me wonder if they ever take time to clean and do maintenance. I took my kids to the bathroom a couple times during the day and 2 stalls were plugged the entire day with toilet paper and not sure what was all over the floor. The pool chairs have a black mold on the underside that can't be good.
It seems to me that the place is run by young people because I didn't see any sort of management all day. Used dirty towels laying every where. The only guy working his butt off was the poor cook in the snack shack who had 20 people inline with no one to help him. I want to jump behind the counter to help.
I have been in the resort business for over 25 years and I was very disappointed in what I found at Double J.
I would hope that the staff would take some time and look at their facilities from a customers view and look into the cleanliness and maintenance of their facility's. (Get in the pools and swim around) Train staff to care about cleanliness and to see issues and take care of it. There was one girl walking around with a clipboard all day (I think see was in charge) and when see wasn't doing that she was looking a stuff on her phone instead of cleaning up the park.
You only get one chance to make a first impression!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Double JJ Resort is one of Michigan's best kept secrets! Come explore miles of scenic trails on horseback, perfect for riders of any skill level and age. Experience the thrill of our Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, housing Michigan's tallest indoor waterslide, a wave pool, and plenty of play areas. Camping is no longer a thing of the past here at the Double JJ! You can gather around a campfire with your family and friends and tell stories of the past or tales to please everyone. Don't forget to bring your golf clubs and play on our world championship Thoroughbred Golf Club course, where the lush greens meet the fresh water. Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest, the Thoroughbred's stunning, wooded layout offers enough challenge to keep you coming back time & time again. Combined with resort activities such as summer rodeos, outdoor sports, and waterparks, the Double JJ has the perfect mix of activities to entertain anyone who visits. Escape from your everyday life into the laid-back lifestyle of the Double JJ Resort! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Double Jj Ranch And Golf Resort
- Double Jj Ranch & Golf Hotel Rothbury
- Double Jj Hotel
- Double Jj Rothbury
- Double JJ Resort Michigan/Rothbury