“Good Experience”
Review of Double JJ Resort

Double JJ Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothbury
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in the Lofts hotel. The room was as expected for the least inexpensive room. The room was clean except for a few minor issues. Stayed last weekend so it was very cold out. Our heater did not heat the room real warm. Knowing this is the older building it didn't bother me as we keep our home cool. I also noticed some lint in the corners and edges of the wall. I also know maids are allowed so many minutes to clean each room. Which I don't wipe my wall baseboards every time I vacuum. So again really not a big deal. There was one spot on wall in the bathroom area where the paint was was starting to peel from the humidity from shower. With all that being said we are commom people just looking for a nice place to stay and it meet our expectations. The water park was nice and clean. I noticed a few things in kiddie area that needed repair. The food was as expected. I wouldn't consider it too expensive compared to other places in this class of entertainment. We were very pleased with the items we ate. I'm a very good cook and was pleasantly suprised how nice breakfast was. We went without children. We did check out alot of the activities for the kids. They were very cute and would be great for kids. Our next trip we will be taking our son who mentally is about 7 and I feel he would have a great time and enjoy all of them. I had very friendly staff. Some more knowledgeable that others. The girl in the arts and craft room was great and informative. Also very kid friendly and cheerful. She appeared as she enjoyed her job. Water park lifeguards probably could use some people skills that a older person may have when working with the sevice industry. Overall I would recommend to anyone. We took the shuttle to the back 40 to look at cabins. When we come back we will stay in a cabin which are pet friendly so our dogs can go with us. The shuttle takes you all over the resort. The back 40 is approx. 2 miles from the waterpark so it is very spread out. The summer rodeo is also close to the back 40 and away from the waterpark. We visited the arcade and it was in comparison to other resorts of this type, A few broken machines. While there on sunday morning there was a repair man in fixing machines. A couple times I had to get the attendant to get help with a game that was working correctly. Over all if you have visited this type of resorts in the past I don't think you would be disappointed. We are big kids and enjoy theme park getaways. I wouldn't consider it disney standards but in line with other resorts of this kind. One other thing I ofrgot is the room we stayed in had really comfy beds. Firm but with a pillowtop. Great back support.

Room Tip: The suites would be a benfit as they have more ammenties if you prefer this kind of thing. If you ha...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank krissywmichigan
DoubleJJResort, Public Relations Manager at Double JJ Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Howdy Krissy!
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Double JJ Resort, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences! We do our best to exceed the expectations of each & every guest who stays at the resort, and are always pleased to hear positive feedback, which I will be sure to pass along to our staff!
We look forward to seeing you back again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went to the water park mid December. We have been to the water park many times through the year and every time it seems like our experience gets worse. The last time we were there 2 adults and 3 children the water level in the park was really low. It seems every time we go the water parks water level goes down. The park was freezing. There was no way it was 84 degrees like advertised. My kids lips were purple. The hot tub and the hot springs was down the whole time we were there. So there wasn't even anywhere to warm up. Usually we would stay for the day but the last visit we didn't even stay 3 hours because we were all so cold.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Laura W

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding your experience while visiting our resort. We strive to make every guest interaction an excellent experience, and I can see that we missed this mark with your stay. Our waterpark has gone through many changes & improvements over the winter months as we upgrade our equipment. Our resort itself has gone under many renovations & upgrades over the past years, and will continue to make improvements due to feedback we have received from guests like yourself. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

They were running a special for the weekend so we decided to try it out. We had a great time with the kids. There was alot of different activities in addition to the waterpark. Unfortunately we didn't have snow so could not take advantage of all the winter fun but still had a great time. Waterpark has alot of different options for every age. It was setup great because the kids could do their own thing but we could still keep track of them. We stayed in The Lofts. It is a little outdated but we were not in the room very much so we didn't mind.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As you can see from my ratings this Resort ranks high on my list! I just don't know what to think of the heat. The room was at 62 degrees when we entered and we needed to use the oven to heat it, and then some other guest said you had to click the breakers??? (not my responsibility or theirs!) though it got our furnace started. The waterpark never reached the advertised 84 degrees, matter of fact it was never 80 in there and the water temp was pretty cold too. The breakfast in Sundance was tasty, but cold. Not much of a winter retreat if your goal is to be warm and wet. Perhaps an issue with mechanics, I don't really know ( I did mention it too the front desk at check out, but she didn't really seem to know what to say about it and I am not a very good complainer) I definitely will think twice before I book a splash package in the winter which my family does traditionally for the holidays.
I do have to say though that the staff is always wonderful at this resort and it is very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenny R
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Loved this place! We went to Boyne Mountain Resort last year and this has so much more to offer! We stayed in a log home in the Back Forty. We had 9 adults, 3 kids, full kitchen with all appliances, dishes, utensils included. All we had to bring was food. So many things to do, and lots of free activities. Snow tubing and water park were a blast. Petting farm, horse drawn sleigh ride, arcade, dog sled ride, horses...something for everyone, plus free breakfast each morning. Very helpful and courteous staff! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patti I
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went here for a couple days with friends from Georgia. We all had a good time, even us adults. The water park was alot of fun, the food was good, the activities were great. The rodeo was surprisingly fun and entertaining. We purchase the BBQ package before to eat before the rodeo and they seemed to have some issues with planning, because they ran out of food and the line was very long, over an hour wait, but other than that we had an great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came here to spend our family Christmas together. We did the same thing last year and couldn't believe the difference of quality in just one year!
The water park was not very clean and a lot of the equipment was broke. It wasn't very busy but you could never find a tube to ride the slides. Not to mention the employees seemed like they could care less if someone were to get hurt. They were hardly directing when to go down the slides and at one point when I went up there with my 6 year old, an employee was just laying on the slide just waiving at other people to go down not even paying attention.
The rest of the hotel besides the rooms didn't seem to be very clean either.
We had to call the front desk to get our TV fixed and our coffee pot in our room didn't work. The breakfast we had the next morning was not very good, runny eggs and cold food.
Nine out of the fourteen that stayed are now sick with terrible colds 24 hours after our stay. Cant help but wonder if the lack of cleanliness could be the reason why.
We will not be back next year which is to bad because the location is great for all of us.....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Tara V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothbury
Dunes Waterfront Resort
#1 of 5 in Whitehall
The Harrington Inn
The Harrington Inn
#1 of 1 in Fremont

Been to Double JJ Resort? Share your experiences!