Double JJ Resort
White Lake Motel(Whitehall)
Rodeway Inn(Whitehall)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewshorseback ridinggolf coursefull kitchenice creama lot of funmaster bedroomwhirlpool tubsome tlckids rangingincluded breakfastthoroughbred suitesoff seasonindoor waterparkqueen bedpig roastfamily vacationlabor day weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My adult daughters and I (their ages 28 and 22) booked a Saturday night at the Lofts, but was upgraded to the Thoroughbred Suites. It was absolutely perfect, Clean, comfortable and fun. We purchased the Saddle Up with Breakfast package, which was a bargain. I highly recommend this Resort for those that love the feel of the "old west"along with water fun and Golfing. We rode 2 trail rides each. Each of us doing a different ride, Canter, Trot, Walk. The Wranglers I had were absolutely loving their job. It was worth the stay and we will go back. You willl notice I gave the food rating lower rating only because they did not prepare for the quantity of people at the Pig Roast and they ran out of food after we stood in line for over 1-1/2 hours. I wouldn't do that the next time I go there. The only time we ate at the facility other then at the Rodeo location, was breakfast and it was very good. All the workers were polite.

Room Tip: TheThoroughbred Suites are wonderful~
2  Thank Linmae
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Double JJ has tons to offer so it is impossible to get bored no matter how long or short your vacation. Between golfing, indoor water park, outdoor waterpark, horse back riding, and tons of other activities, you can't go wrong. We typically go for a long weekend and focus on one aspect of the resort which makes each mini-vacation uniquely different everytime we go.

Since we are gone from our room most of the time, we prefer to stay at the Loft...it has less amenities, but is also much less expensive. Since the room comes with all you can eat breakfast bar, a small supper is typically all we ever want. Also their ice cream and pizza is awesome!!!

We just got back from a weekend there and are already looking forward to going back soon!!!

2  Thank Joyce D
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Double JJ was a really enjoyable time. I came with my mom and had a lot of fun. The staff there was very friendly and everything we did was fun. We went on three trail rides as well as the cattle drive, and attended the pig roast and rodeo. I had a fun filled weekend that was so much fun and can't wait to return to the Double JJ resort!

1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I went to the Double JJ with my husband and 2 kids (ages 12 & 14) for horse back riding. I had been to the Double JJ about 10 years ago for a girls weekend and at that time the Ranch needed some TLC. Before booking this trip, I knew that new owners had taken over and did some renovations but I still had read some negative reviews so I wasn't really sure what to expect this time around.
We were there during the off season so the ranch was not busy at all. Some of the activities were not running because of this. We stayed at the Lofts Hotel in a double room with 2 queen beds. The rooms were basic but very clean. We did walk around quite a bit to see what all they had to offer. During the regular season, it looks like there is plenty of activities to keep family busy enough for a one or two nights stay. The indoor water park looked half decent but if you are looking for something that would compare to Kalahari, this is not it.
The horse back riding was well organized and the guides were friendly and knew their way around a horse pretty well. They were happy to teach inexperienced riders.
We ate at the Sundance Steak House for dinner. The food was very good and the bill for the four of us was only $55 with a few beers even.
We walked around the part of the ranch where the cabins were and the cleaning staff let us take a look inside to see what they were like. The are very nice inside. Had a rustic feel to them. The bigger cabins would be ideal for two families to stay together in.
We do not golf, but the golf course looked nice and would probably make for a nice romantic getaway.
Would I go back again? Absolutely !! I don't think you could stay for more than a few nights but if you are looking for something a little different, than this is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank kim5721
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We just spent our second spring break at Double JJ Ranch.
It is much more fun then Great Wolf Lodge and has more to offer.
Stayed at the Thourobred Suites, which has full kitchen, cooking meals saved money.
But we also enjoyed the breakfast buffet that comes with the booking.
Accomadations are great. Lots of free activities and some additional activities like horse back riding. The kids loved Sallys crafts also. As well as the hayride, bonfire, and smores.
The staff\entertations were all great.

Room Tip: Doc Holiday room was our favorite because the kids had a seperate room, bathroom, kitchen area as well as bunk beds and tv
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family