We stayed in the Thoroughbred Suites which was spacious with our 2 young children. There is a parking garage underneath the suites which makes it nice on rainy days. It is adjacent to the building with the waterpark but there are NO hotel rooms in the actual waterpark building.
The waterpark is average size and has small slides and large slides, a lazy river, a basketball hoop area, a play area for youngsters, and a pool area. The outdoor pool section is located a mile away near the Back 40 and has possibly the best slide of them all in addition to a nice play area for toddlers with mushrooms and sprays.
This is a great place to spend 2 days while in Michigan but everything is so spread out. This is a good resort for golfers and horseback riders. They also have archery available and also a mechanical bull in the check-in area.
They also claim to have a softball/baseball field but upon seeing it, I doubt anyone is motivated to play on that slab of grass with two tree limbs for benches and a rundown dugout. The arena area can also care to use an update as it seems old and rundown. However if you want to see a rodeo, there is an opportunity to do so a few times throughout the summer. Then again, these may be good times to have the waterpark to yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Double JJ Resort is one of Michigan's best kept secrets! Come explore miles of scenic trails on horseback, perfect for riders of any skill level and age. Experience the thrill of our Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, housing Michigan's tallest indoor waterslide, a wave pool, and plenty of play areas. Camping is no longer a thing of the past here at the Double JJ! You can gather around a campfire with your family and friends and tell stories of the past or tales to please everyone. Don't forget to bring your golf clubs and play on our world championship Thoroughbred Golf Club course, where the lush greens meet the fresh water. Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest, the Thoroughbred's stunning, wooded layout offers enough challenge to keep you coming back time & time again. Combined with resort activities such as summer rodeos, outdoor sports, and waterparks, the Double JJ has the perfect mix of activities to entertain anyone who visits. Escape from your everyday life into the laid-back lifestyle of the Double JJ Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Double JJ Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Double Jj Ranch And Golf Resort
- Double Jj Ranch & Golf Hotel Rothbury
- Double Jj Hotel
- Double Jj Rothbury
- Double JJ Resort Michigan/Rothbury