“Maybe My Taste Buds Took the Day Off”

Kavan's Colony East Bar
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Roseville
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My Taco Salad lacked the zip I expected but the shell was pretty tasty. My guest had the Hickory Burger that appeared to be much tastier than my meal.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Longtime favorite place in Motown for a GREAT hamburger. They are now offering Sliders. Get them with Blue Cheese dressing. They are the bomb. Food was served hot and juicy. Good TV access to watch football while eating. Very good bar selection. I've been going there for years (going back to the original location on Morang in Detroit) and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank darwoj
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family went there on Saturday night after hockey game at Fraser Arena. We had variety of food. The cajun chicken alfredo was very good. The ribs tender and tasty. My 1/2 pound ground round was excellent. I had the "Eastsider". I asked for it to be medium rare and they nailed it. It was the best I've had in a long time anywhere. It was tender and tasty. Our young server was very attentive as we asked for various extra sides and she remembered them all even though it was quite busy. I see there were some disgruntled reviewers, but everyone in the full dining room left with a compliment or smile on their face that I could see. I think Kavan's has worked hard to right the ship and they are definitely getting it right now. It was nice not being in one of the big chains. Kavans, thanks for the nice experience. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is supposed to be know for their burgers, so it was an obvious choice for me from their menu. I got a 1/3 lb burger topped with the Canadian bacon and sautéed mushrooms. The burger was decent but I was not impressed. As far as burgers go I found it to be very average - I will most likely not be making it back there. The patty was quite plain in taste and the meat quality was just so so.
The service is good and the decor is your typical neighborhood bar/ restaurant (dark and simple).

1  Thank WistaWio
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Waitress was in the back watching tv while 4 of us were waiting to get servied. Finally she decided to ask us what we wanted to drink. very slow. watched same waitress sip 2 different drinks and then served them to the other customers. Had to ask for the bread basket. So do you still want to go there? 07/12/2009