See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2016

Clean, very comfortable, and a really pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and/or recommend it to anyone. I slept like a baby in the bed, it was so comfortable.

Room Tip: I might avoid the first floor. Second was fine.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Philm54
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm thrilled at read your positive comments about your stay being comfortable and that you would recommend our hotel to others. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

Maybe it's because I was only staying one night that they put me in the most ratchet room they had but I booked this hotel because the pictures on the website made it look spacious, clean, and updated. When I got to my room, however, it was tiny, dingy, smelly, and falling apart. There were stains everywhere and the room had that "been smoked in for a decade but we tried to get the stench out and failed" smell. The carpet was tore up and frayed. I like to sleep in a colder room but the A/C was practically non-existent. The walls are like paper. I can hear my neighbors. And they're not shouting.

I feel like I got totally ripped off. I chose this hotel based on the pictures from the website and what I actually got was nothing close. It was filthy, smelly, with depressing florescent lighting. I feel like this is false advertising and a scam. Especially for $70/night. Other people posted pics that look decent. I don't know why I was put in the "Questionable Stains Suite".

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room, I guess.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2016

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have used your comments as a training tool to make sure we are implementing deep cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ros2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed January 19, 2016

My experience started at a Hawthorne location in Southfield with family flying in to attend a Family Reunion in Chicago, while a rally in the city of Detroit, with over 30,000 other out-of-towners that took place that week. The Hawthorne suite, I have reserved for my family member was rather nice looking. It is a two level suite. One problem was, the room smell of smoke of two types! I took care of that. But the main problem was the upper bedroom bath room would leak down into the lower bedroom area every time the is toilet flush! Management move them to another suite, this is still first day late evening. This suite, smell stronger of weed smoke than the first suite. As I said this suite is for family, whom brought their son whom has breathing problem and is on a in-haler! The place have several things wrong with it, but one thing was, the entrance door looks as if it had been kick-in before and the person whom attempted to repair it, did just that! "Attempted!" But it was late, had just move from first suite, had not eaten and everyone was tried and there were no more suite! So, unpack again to stay, I came home.
First thing at around 6 a.m., family member calling we got to get out of this "Place!" They could not get any sleep for all the noise, all the weed smoke steady coming into their room and the two attempts of someone trying to open their mess up door!
I call almost every hotel in, near, around and outside of the city of Detroit, they were book, until I got Extended Stay America in Roseville, MI. They had a room, no suite, the manager, Paul L., was inform of all that had taken place at Hawthorne. The room was small, Paul L., provided what was needed so all could be comfortable,as well as, sleep comfortable. There was a bit of some weed smell in the hallway. Paul L., said he "do not", allow that, I shall handle it! All I can say is he must had handle it! For the next two days before we left for Chicago, not only did my family members enjoyed their stay there in a rather small room, they got to know the all the front desk staff! They were doing more Goodbye's, at the front desk when it came time to leave, than we did at the end of our Family Reunion! Thank-you, Paul L., and your staff!

Room Tip: Look for good Staff!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Overall it was okay. The rooms smelled musty/old. There were ants in the doorway. The place could use a general update ( fixing the little things like chipped paint and stains) and some deep cleaning . But it was for one night while working in the area.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear about the room conditions you experienced. In response to your feedback, I am working closely with our outside vendor and housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ros2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2015

The rooms, the corridors, the outside is filled with cigarette smoke. I asked to be moved to another room, and I actually was, it was just a little bit better, but still smelled a lot. the "Breakfast" is a muffin, a granola bar and a fruit, not bad, just regular. Location is fine.

Room Tip: If you smoke, this one is for you, you get your nicottine fix for free. If you don't smoke, stay away!. I got this hotel from priceline
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Alberto Z
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2015

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room was not as smoke-free as it should have been. Here, at Extended Stay Detroit-Roseville, we take pride in being a non-smoking hotel. We are so sorry about the odor that you endured while staying with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.