“service was good room was clean and good. Didn't like it...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Arcanum
“service was good room was clean and good. Didn't like it...”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

service was good room was clean and good. Didn't like it that I had to unhook my boat to avoid a 25.00 fine but there were other boats there that didn't unhook and nothing was don about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Scarborough
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Roseville and I've stayed at all of the hotels in the general area and I have to say that Baymont had become my choice. Super 8 was dirty, Microtel was scary, Red Roof had more police visits than I can count.

With that said, my most recent visit did not go so well. I reserved online, well in advance for a king room. Got there and checked in. The first room was smokey, so that was a no go. Second room was ok. The fridge wasn't balanced, but it was working and the room was clean enough (I usually wipe everything down myself, as 99% of economy hotels really do lack a thorough cleaning, but you get what you pay for, I guess.) To our surprise, renovations started bright and early the next morning, with plenty of noise, with banging, drilling and yelling. I complained and the manager, Winnie was very apologetic and gave us a room upgrade, AWAY from the renovations. Thank you for that.

The rest of the weekend was fine. I hope this was a one-time thing, placing us right across from the renovation room area, but you should definitely go over the booking/planning procedures so this doesn't happen to anyone else. Also, you may want to go over the breakfast hours with your staff. I never bother myself, as there is an IHOP right across the street. But my girlfriend got shut down twice, going to grab a coffee and snack, and the breakfast area was closed, well ahead of the scheduled time.

Keep trying to improve guys, I am still a loyal customer. Thank you.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no renovations going on in front of your room. Try the upper floors. Get to br...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband had to sign a waiver that we would not smoke in the room (even though we are non smokers). NEGATIVES: The room smelled horrible!!! Like the previous occupants smoked. Then each night and morning we smelled smoke again. The shower head had mold on it, the toilet base was cracked and loose from the floor. The refrigerator made noise all night the first night, so we unplugged it for the next two nights. The towels and sheets had spots on them even though they were washed. The T.V. was "supposed" to offer movies, and when it wouldn't work I called the front desk and she informed us a "tech would be working on it" (no answer as to when). Many of the stations were fuzzy and the volume changed with each station. POSITIVE: The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and was the best part of the room

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel unless they change things.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vaadams
Marion
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. COSTLY and not worth the money at all. I was in the suite. I have stayed in numerous hotels. I know what I am talking about. Staff was very nice. My grade out of 10 is a 3.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Stephania P
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrived after dark. Parking lot has sign claiming Baymont had no responsibility for theft from your car, etc. but all the outside lights and parking lights were out, the whole area completely dark. I complained to the teenage desk clerk, who did not know what to do. Next night same scenario, different clerk. Our room was worn--carpet spots, cracked and brittle lamp shades, mini-frig half broken. On the plus side, the breakfast room and free breakfast were okay, clean and well-stocked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel963
BaymontRoseGM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let me know about the problems you experienced. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been addressed. The timer on the parking lot lights are properly set. Also, we are going under renovations and pulling up the carpet and putting new tile in each of our rooms for a fresher look.

Thank you for being our guest and the kind words about our breakfast!

Hospitably,

Winnie Guevara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville? Share your experiences!