All reviewsfresh fruithelpful front desk staffsports teamport huronfour nightsbreakfast areacemeterycerealroomyworkers
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I was apprehensive to book this hotel because of the reviews here but did so because it was the only one in the area with an indoor pool. We stayed for two nights (May 1st and 2nd) in room 120. My sister in law stayed in room 122 and also was happy. When we arrived they had read our request on our online reservation to have rooms next to each other and had things set for us. The rooms were clean and bright, the beds looked and felt new, nice bedding. The bathroom was newer and clean, the towels were thick and soft. My kids spent quite a bit of time in the pool and hot tub and had a great time. The pool water was warmer than lots of hotels I've stayed at. Breakfast was great, hot items like eggs and omelets, bacon, and biscuts. Also, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, yogurt, hard cooked eggs.....and my favorite, the coffee and tea were available round the clock. The attendent was attentive and very nice and was very sweet to my kids. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The WiFi was free and worked pretty quickly. My only complaint is that the toilet got clogged but they came to fix it right away. The maid did not leave a roll of toilet paper or new plastic cups but was accomodating when I asked for them. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2009

The Holiday Inn in Roseville was super. The front staff were very helpful and made our entire group feel so welcome. Our hockey team stayed there for a tournament we were in and they did so much to accommodate us. The rooms were very clean and the furnishings were in great condition. The decor was very pleasing and fresh looking. We spent a lot of time by the pool and the area was kept very clean as well. I really can't say enough about this hotel, our three nights there were exceptional. The location was easy to get to and close to everything you would need.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We didn't get in untill afterr midnight but had someone pick up our keys for us. Can't tell you if the there was a noise problem because we were the only one awake at that time. The room was adequate the only the problem we had was the shower cortain rod came out of it's base. The brerakfast was decent . I don't suggest the sausage. Since we belong to the Holiday Inn Express rewaards program we were able to check out at 2:00. That gave us plenty of time to check out the pool. The spa was nice and warm but not burning hot. The pool was clean and kept the kids busy. They had a business center which I used to print some dorection to our next stop. Internet was quite fast on their computer.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2008

This a basic Holiday Inn and a little run down, but everything else in the vicinity looks similar, at least from the outside. Free breakfast is also basic but adequate and there is free pizza in the evenings!

However, service was excellent. In the morning we found our fridge was not working properly. When we phoned, a mechanic arrived in five minutes, decided we needed a replacement and brought it ten minutes later. He also offered to replace the milk in case it had gone off during the night!

Quite adequate for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We were in town for a family reunion and a family treated us to the jacuzzi suite since we had travelled far. It was very nice of them but I think the room was not worth the price. The jacuzzi takes up 1/2 the king-size bed room and looks tacky. It also did not look that clean. The bed was comfortable enough and the room did have all the normal amenties like iron, free toiletries etc. However, the hotel does seem quite old in that the air conditioning unit was very loud and didn't seem to properly adjust temperature. So we were cold and kept up during the night. Also, the walls were super-thin so music and other noise came through at all hours. The desk lamp also was not functioning and the shower was lukewarm both mornings. The tub had been modernized but I still wasn't sure about cleanliness as the floor had bluish green marks on it which were disconcerting. The hotel staff was friendly enough with us and gave us free bottled water and the continental breakfast was plentiful. We did have to sign a "noise level policy" upon check-in which was basically a promise to keep quiet after a certain hour although I don't know if it was enforced. We didn't have problems with anyone. I did see the front desk cracking down on another party that had too many people for the number of rooms they had gotten, although I later saw the guests get around that by entering through a side door that others held open for them. So much for security. Overall, a good hotel in terms of location near major roads but wouldn't necessarily recommend to others. I should note that this seemed the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple