“Basic hotel, comfortable and clean.”

Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel wasn't luxurious, but clean, comfortable and functional. The bed was nice to sleep in and hotel seemed well maintained. Breakfast was nice too and had lots of protein and fruit. Didn't overdo it on the pastries which I usually find annoying at a breakfast buffet. Internet worked very well too.

Only annoyance was that the hotel layout caused me to walk a very long way to my room.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay hear at the Clarion Hotel! We hope to see you in the near Future!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I chose this hotel because it has easy access to the airport and it is a member of the Choice hotels group. All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet, which is free if you do cold and 5.95 for hot items, was average but if you needed something that wasn't there- such as sugar free syrup- they were very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable though the tub needed refinishing. I would recommend this hotel especially if you are in a hurry due to a flight schedule.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Clarion Hotel. We are also pleased to hear that the staff hear was friendly to you! We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We often stay at the Clarion when flying in or out of Detroit Metro. The rooms are good, and the shuttle convenient. The breakfast provided in the room rate is adequate. Having a restaurant and bar in-house can be especially useful. This or the nearby Quality Inn make excellent places to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay here at the Clarion Hotel. We are happy to know that our hotel is convenient for you and that our breakfast was to your liking. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was very nice, we asked to be on the 1st floor with a fridge and microwave which we received. The staff was very courteous and friendly checking in and out. Bonnie at the bar was awesome! Very good rate for the park and fly. We were given parking vouchers for the days we would be needing for parking. All in all it was a very good deal for us!

Room Tip: We asked to be on the first floor and we received. Very convenient.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport! We are also pleased to know that our staff was courteous and friendly! We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here because it's right next to the Park-n-Fly which is included in the package deal. OK room, we checked out the lounge and the Breakfast which is just cold items unless you want to pay $5.95 extra for the hot stuff. Service was good and the room was old but comfortable. You have to check out and then drive across the street to park your car.

1  Thank Solprovider

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here! We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Yes, this hotel is a bit dated, but doesn't feel neglected by any means. The room was fine, clean and quite, everything was working, including fairly quite heater. The staff was friendly, the lobby and breakfast area were cozy and comfortable. Fresh smell, a lot of natural light in common areas, I liked fast Internet as well. It's also perfectly located - just far enough from the highway to be quite.

I didn't give 5 stars due to a couple issues:

1. I found this hotel on Priceline but the lady at the lobby couldn't give me that price, so I had to spend a few minutes to pay for the room online. It's not a big deal, but since I presented the online price, would be nice if they could just match the price at the lobby - a lot of hotels do that and it saves time. However, she was very polite, let me check out the room and patiently waited for my payment.
2. The breakfast time ends at 10 am and when we came down around 9:30 am, they were out of coffee and donuts and their advertise "make your own waffle" thing didn't go well because the waffle batter was clogged and going "really really slow". There was some other food still left and we didn't go out hungry, but that was just not professional.

So yes, a bit not perfect, but we had great rest and liked the place.

Overall, this hotel is a great value, I would stay there again, no problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank heckfy
Cynthia H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Clarion Hotel. We would like to apologize that, at check in we did not match the price, but had to go through booking it online again. We are glad to hear that the front desk staff were patient and that overall the staff were friendly! I do however would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team here at the Clarion that at 9:30 there was no coffee nor donuts, we do not give that kind of service to our guests and again I would like to apologize for that. We hope to see you in the near future to ensure that you will receive the friendly service once again as well as having breakfast here with us.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have to say I was surprised with this place after all the mixed reviews. The hotel is a little dated but overall this place isn't too bad, especially for the price.

We stayed one night prior to a trip out of Detroit. My one and only big complaint was check in. The counter was backed up, and this short, blond haired lady, who I think was the manager came to help out and she turned out to be far from friendly. She seemed irritated she had to help out, and just my luck she checked me in. She just handed me my room key and said there you go. I'm like "where's my room, how do I get there, what time is breakfast, ect, ect." The other lady at the counter appeared to be much more friendly with her guests.

Room was comfortable, very quiet, bed was above average, had a large flat screen tv. Bathroom was kind of weird, sink area and toilet sat lower than normal, and the shower curtain needed adjusting, it wouldn't close all the way, and thus water gets all over the floor.

Hotel also had a nice little bar, the bartender was super nice, and service here was great. So my service overall rating for the hotel is 3 stars: 5 stars for the bartender and 1 star for the lady who us in.

I would stay here again preflight. Like I said, it's cheap and it wasn't that bad at all, just a little dated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank starchild101
Cynthia H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and providing us with your feedback on your stay here at the Clarion Hotel. We just want to sincerely apologize for the service that your received at check-in. We have taken the necessary measures to ensure that the kind of service you received at check-in will not happen again! Our front desk staff will continue to give great customer service.

We hope to see you in the near future to provide you with customer service that you deserve.