“Clean and comfy”

Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Not exactly the place for a honeymoon or big vacation, but for clean, comfortable, affordable rooms, Clarion's not bad at all. The decor was average, the bathroom large, neat, and clean, and the bed slept well. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 7, 2011

My family stayed at The Clarion prior to leaving on a 6am flight. We were sleepy in the morning and I left my silk pj's hanging on the hook on the bathroom door. I called the hotel upon arriving at our destination and the front desk clerk was not helpful. They transfered me to housekeeping, and they never returned my call. I called again, requested a manager, and was disconnected. I called yet again and he gave me the typical speech; we can't be responsible for lost items.. I got the feeling that this happens often, and theft is condoned. The pj's were sentimental, a gift from my kids. I was not offered a credit of any sort or an apology.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karma2783
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Nice place...but a convention hotel accommodating lots of itinerate travelers.

If you are flying in, you may have to make a number of calls to get response from the shuttle. I tried three times, waited 40 minutes, and was finally delivered to the hotel by a driver from another property who was kind enough to invite me after passing me twice. Front desk staff were not particularly concerned, expressed surprise. Kinda weird.

Request a room as far back from cocktail lounge as possible. Traffic from the inebriates trying to find their rooms must pass directly by rooms closer to the front, and they are definitely not quiet. Also, rooms in the low 100's are close to a vending area and metal stairs that create quite a racket. Bring your ear plugs.

Rooms are sort of 'bare bones' by today's standards. No refrigerators or microwaves...and the coffee makers are the single cup variety with provisions for just two.

Room was nicely appointed...bed was great...so was the big t.v., but take a taxi and try to get a room that is better located well away from the lounge lizard traffic.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I got stuck at the Detroit airport and Delta gave me a distressed flyer with 49.95. Got there and they only have certIn amount of rooms at that price. Had to pay $70 and it was awful. Beds are terrible breakfast was terrible and service poor. Should have went with my instincts and stayed at the Hampton Inn as I always do. Lesson learned. Feb 20, 2011

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Amry53
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Stayed here because of the park and fly feature. You do have to go elsewhere to park however and pay over 7 days. The beds were uncomfortable, flat and hard. Run down facility without an elevator, (which they don't tell you when you book it.). Food at this facility was also inferior.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Not a great place to park. Just about OK to spend a night.

The staffs are very nice and helpful though.

The hotel needs some clear signs for ease of finding the room. No elevator makes it with luggage.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Was not expecting much for the price I paid. Very Very surprised with accomodations from the moment I walked into the hotel until I left. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet. Resturants, bar, and other services at hotel are well worth the money. Am used to staying in Hilton's and Marriot's (sounds a little snobby but I like comfort) but will be staying at more Clarion's in the future. I travel about 80% of the time and am advising my assistant to start using this hotel to save money but give me all the comforts I want. Worth checking out.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Romulus hotels
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus

Been to Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport

Address: 8600 Merriman Rd, Romulus, MI 48174-1918
Location: United States > Michigan > Romulus
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Price Range: $69 - $95 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport 3*
The Clarion Hotel in Romulus, Michigan; recently renovated with a New Lobby, a New Elevator, All New Guest Rooms, a world class restaurant and bar, and a New Pool. Conveniently located just 2 minutes from DTW airport. Other amenities include a complementary 24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport, complementary wireless internet, microwaves and refrigerators in room, and a complementary breakfast included. We welcome you to come and experience the Clarion Hotel's commitment to your complete satisfaction. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Hotel Romulus