“Ideal for plane spotters...... DUCK!”

Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Kent, United Kingdom
“Ideal for plane spotters...... DUCK!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wowzers. I stayed on third floor (top) on the flight path and the noise of the planes coming in was quite incredible. ROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I have to say thats one noisy room, however the planes did stop relatively early in the evening and the earliest in the morning was 5:30am which didnt bother me too much as I was up. If you are intending to have a lie in either ask for a ground floor room facing away from the flight path or pick the Marriott next door. The Courtyard and the marriot are attached by a car park and are only a few mins walk apart however there is a significant distance in plane noise between them. In the Courtyard you can sit outside having a beer and you can see the tread on the tyres as they fly over.

That said........ this place was quite fun. I travel a lot and spend weeks in Marriotts each year so used to generic living but this was a little more casual. The diner style bar was pretty good. limited menu but the grub was great for dinner and breakfast. decent price too. Staff were very laid back (not the corporate hotel you get used to) but were service orientated. I really cant complain.

Biggest gripe was no lunch was served. You have to either buy a pot noodle or walk over to the marriott (or drive if you have a car). For me on a weekend that was a big negative that annoyed me at the time. Also - no room service. you have to go get your food when they do server it and take it back to your room.

No special treatment for gold elite members. Maybe they thouht they were being nice by iving me top floor but it looked like all rooms were the same. No exec lounge. This place was cheap, it really was the bargain of the year thinking about it. no frills living that ticked the boxes.

This is by far not the best airport hotel, there are many better, but for the money its pretty damn good.

For the money if it served food at lunch time and offered some form of room service I'd give it 5* - without that it gets a solid 4.

Room Tip: Ground floor as close to the Marriott side as you can get.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Coarsegold, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay at this hotel. I was just here for the night as I had an early morning flight from DTW. The shuutle to DTW is very prompt and efficient.The staff was very pleasant and friendly. The room was very nice and comfortable. It was somewhat cramped,but it is an airport hotel. There are many restaurants near the hotel as well. The rate was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I did not make a late night connection out of DTW. But I had done my research ahead of time, looking for a clean and good value hotel in the area. I had searched my favorite hotel coupon book website and found they had a special walk-in only deal that was VERY good.

So from the airport, I called the front desk and made a reservation. Front Desk Agent Judy was working that night. She was super professional and very friendly! She was wonderful at check-in and got us into our room very quickly.

Unfortunately, it was too late to eat at hotel. But they did have a side snack area where you could buy products.

The room was standard Courtyard Marriott style and had been recently renovated. It was VERY clean and well laid out.

We had to get to the airport early again. We did not eat breakfast there... but did make use of the free hotel shuttle. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the Delta Terminal from the hotel. There were numerous restaurants in the area of the hotel as well.

Overall, a great value and a great stay if you are in the DTW airport area. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Romulus was okay, I liked the stay but the service was terrible! The rooms were pretty clean and they offered a coupon online that can save a lot of money so that's why we went there. But when we got there with the coupon, they said that something messed up and that we couldn't get the room we ordered -- they messed up our order. They we got a smaller, less comfortable room on the first floor that was on the side with a unpleasant view and nothing in exchange...

Not satisfied at all! Would recommend it because it was pretty good, but they don't have good service...

Room Tip: Choose a room that's on the outer side and higher floors tend to be better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many others for park sleep n fly including cheaper and more expensive options. The courtyard is the best value. Clean and renovated. Excellent service. Spacious rooms. Breakfast was mediocre and overpriced. Would recommend asking for a ground floor room. The king suites are huge.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. Most recently was August 9th, 2013.

Staff at check-in were terrific. I was given a complimentary upgrade as a Marriott Rewards member to a King Suite (possibly due to the fact that I didn't want to stay in an Accessible room in case somebody who actually NEEDED an Accessible room needed it).

Room was very clean and nicely appointed. Probably the first shower where I've never had to worry about slipping! There was great grippy stuff on the tub surface! Lots of electrical plug-ins to connect your phone etc. Never used internet on this trip so I won't comment on that.

The bed was crazy soft and comfortable! Terrific sleep! Location is great to get to/from the airport either via their shuttle or to drive there for an early flight. It will take you about 5 minutes if that to get to the airport.

My only 'complaint' is the elevator is kind of slow. Hardly a complaint, but if I had to pick something, that would be it as far as this visit goes.

I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: King Suites face an inner courtyard and actually have a balcony. Ask for a main floor room to avoid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here for only one night after a long flight. The room has a very unusual set up. I didn't like the fact that sink and mirror were separate from the toilet and shower. The bed was on a side wall instead of in the middle like most places. Not a huge deal, just awkward. The bathroom was dated and could use a renovation. The bed, however was so comfortable and the mattress looked brand new. It was probably one of the best beds I have every slept on. Needless to say, I had a great sleep. The alarm clock in the room was broken so we had to use our phones to check the time. The wi-fi worked extremely well and was easy to connect to. The ladies at the front desk were so nice and just a pleasure to deal with. Check-in and check-out were a breeze.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple