Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
$84
$59
$55
$119
All reviewstypical courtyardwould stay here againroom was cleanbreakfast and dinneran early flightquiet hotelhockey tournamenthear planesan updatefront desk staffindoor poolstayed for one nightcheck in was easyrooms are niceairlines parkingshort staybusiness trip
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel is very easy to get to, just off I 94. Park and fly right beside this location.
The hotel is a few years old, however the lobby has just been renovated and the rooms are all currently being updated.. W stayed in an original room and it was very clean and well laid out.
Beds are comfortable and room average sized.
If you a looking for a place to stay near metro airport, this is a good location.
We were here for a hockey tournament and the staff were very understanding and good with both the parents and kids...
All in all an older location, but you can't go wrong with this location for a good nights stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
rdshe118, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back regarding our hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean and accessible.

You may also be interested to know that our guest room renovation will be completed by April 26.

Once again thank you your comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great location for a park and fly. Staff were very friendly, couldn't do enough for us. Requested adjoining rooms with our friends and the request was processed with a "no problem" attitude. Shuttle was on time. Room was clean. Noise from the planes was minimal. Shuttle drivers were very attentive. On our way home, our shuttle driver saw our MSU license plate and gave us an update on March Madness. (good thing we were the only ones on the shuttle!) Coffee and tea available in the lobby (even at 4 am).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianne C
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed recently the night prior to a very early flight out of Metro. Check in was efficient and our request for a room adjoining our friends was handled without a problem. After explaining some of the features of the hotel and how the shuttle service operated we were off to our rooms which were located on the ground floor. Since they were near a secondary entrance it made for easy luggage handling. Cleanliness is always important and there were no concerns about that. The bed was on the softer side compared to what we are used to but we found it extemely comfortable. Noise from the airport was ever so slight and did not bother us. Within walking distance there is a Bob Evan's restaurant so no need to drive anywhere for a bite to eat. Our wakeup call came at the time we requested and the shuttle came 2 minutes after the appointed time. Coffee and tea were available as we sat in the lobby at 4am. We had parked our cars the night before at Airlines Parking across the road and their shuttle dropped us off at the door so in the morning we took the Marriott's own shuttle service to the terminal. The shuttle bus held about a dozen passengers along with all our luggage. There was even a wheelchair ramp on the bus if that is required by a handicapped guest. On the way back we took the Airlines Parking shuttle directly to our vehicle, gave them the voucher for the parking and away we went home. I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the park and fly package, which is DEFINITELY the way to go. Why stress about getting to the airport in time and pay to park there to boot if you can arrive a night early and relax?
Our room was very spacious and immaculate. We had dinner and drinks in the lobby Bistro. It was a great place to hang out and unwind a bit. The staff was very sociable, the food was great, and the atmosphere was light and fun.
I think I'm a Coutyard guy.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here back in 2007 with my family and enjoyed our stay; so I was looking forward to staying here this time -for business.
I am so disappointed in this "Marriott" property! While the lobby is very nice, new and modern - that's about as far as my level of impressed goes.
I was put into a room on the first floor - being a young female traveling alone- I immediately asked if I could be switched to a higher floor. I was given a room on the 2nd floor.
I get to my room -ready to lock up for the night only to discover that my turn lock isn't working. I flipped the latch lock and went to bed for the night and figured that I would request a repair on the lock in the AM.
I asked the administrative assistant working the front desk in the morning to have my lock repaired during the day while I was out.
I returned back to the hotel to find my lock still broken!

There is a housekeeping/maintenance office/storage room across from my room - the door is CONSTANTLY being allowed to slam shut. All night beginning about 6:30PM an occurring into the wee hours of the night... I finally opened my door to look out into the hallway to draw attention to the door slamming!!!!

My first night here there was also loud talking/shouting coming from the same office in the hallway... At 2:15AM!!!! I'm furious!!!!!!!

This is an airport hotel so I expect to hear airplane noise but this hotel is the loudest I've ever stayed in! Between the highway, the airport, train whistle and the snow plows.... I feel like I'm sitting on the airport runway- is a plane going to land on the hotel?!?!

Not a fan of this place at all - and I am hoping to not stay here ever again! I had the worst night of sleep here...

Room Tip: Away from the highway - away from ANY storage closet....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure for any female checking into the hotel is to place them in a 2nd or 3rd floor room to ensure they feel safe. We do have a housekeeping/linen closet on the 2nd floor and I am very sorry that we were coming and going through there throughout the night. I have met with our night staff and have stressed the importance of allowing our guests near that room to get a good nights sleep.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience the hotel as it was meant to be.