“Customer oriented, economical AND convenient”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Blissfield, Michigan
“Customer oriented, economical AND convenient”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at ABVI Romulus the nights before and after travel at Detroit Airport DTW. The room was updated with a bit of European feel. I really appreciated the ability to park directly in front of my door. I did utilize their "sleep and fly" option. One nights lodging with car parking was barely more than what I would have paid just for parking at one of the large lots WITH an online discount coupon. The shuttle service was timely. The desk staff was friendly and customer focused. I didn't try their breakfast so I can't comment on that feature.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PapaAndGmaPat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Needed a room for the night before my flight. This hotel came with a deal to have free parking during my vacation. Was a little concerned with staying at a americans best but once there my concerns were erased the hotel stated it was renovated and you can tell. Then only problem was marks on the wall next to bed

• Stayed September 2012
New Hamburg, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nothing special... used park sleep and fly with no problems... a no frills place to rest after our long flight. Could have been more updated and cleaner, however, there were no bugs and the bed was comfortable enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. I was not aware until I arrived that it is motel style with 5 single story buildings. I looked at other reviews before booking, the room was way better then I expected. It is a good quality hotel. Though the low price can be explained by the noise from air traffic. The landing path was right over my room. It was very loud. I did not mind as I am an early riser. I did not notice the noise paste 10 or 11pm or before 630-7am.

I was happy staying here as it was the right price, (very cheap) had good access to the highway to get into town, and was clean and good quality. But if you want to sleep in do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sault ste marie
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I really liked the hotel room, it was much nicer than I expected but will not stay here again due to the location of the parking. I booked the room as I needed parking for my trip... when I got to the front desk in the morning to find out where I needed to park, the front desk told me they no longer had any space and that I had to leave my car keys and they would move the car when they had space. I immediately explained that I will not be leaving my car keys at the hotel. This was simply ridiculous .. .. The room should not be booked if there is no room to park, this was very very unacceptable and I will not be staying here again.. You need to get enough space for ALL of your customers.. or do not sell the room for the night. Who in their right mind would leave their keys with a stranger? I am sure that the insurance company would not be happy to hear this is going on... and I am sure would not cover anything if something would have happened... The clerk let me park my car in front of the hotel room, near the back of the hotel site.. so it all worked out in the end, BUT my car was not in a secured gated area, which the website says its in.. I would tell anyone that asked me, that this happened, and won’t stay here again due to this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Living close to Detroit, I have always woken up early, driven to the airport and had to deal with parking there. I decided to stay at the Best Value Inn to avoid that early morning start to the day.
I had low expectations and was surprised by the pleasantness of the staff and cleanliness of the room. The price could not be beat with a room and a week of parking cheaper than just parking at the airport. The transfer to and from the airport was efficient and convenient.
My only complaint is that the bed was a bit hard for my taste, but for the price and the convenience, it's worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ontario
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed there on the 7 day parking package. Paid $5 more that another in the same area. The room rates are good but you can have almost 3 days paid parking for the difference between the rates. If you are parking more than 3 days this might be the right deal for you. I had to cancel my parking plans in the morning but the only refunded $11.00, not the extra $30 over the room only rate. Too much of a hurry to argue.
The rooms are nice, well worth the money with fridge and microwave. Only problem is that in the morning there looked to be mouse droppings in the bathroom. Did see them the night before. I would of rated a 4 but for this.
The free breakfast is real basic just juice, coffee, cereal, breads, waffles and a little fresh fruit like apples. If you have dietary issues, not the food for you.

Room Tip: end king rooms. There are 5 buildingd so x01 or x10